• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pool B Discussion

Gotchya

anilramavarma said:
It will be a sad ending if it is washed off at this stage. What does "about level" mean? Are they exactly the same or is one team a few decimals higher? Is it the end of the road for SA?
If the match is tied, South Africa are out of the World cup. 2 points is not good enough

Gotchya

Without SA and Pakistan and possibly England, SS doesn't hold any meaning for me....

How many of you feel the same ?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's interesting that the only people who are bemoaning the situation are the fans.

Heard Waqar say 'we were crap and didn't deserve to go through' , David Graveney said the same. I expect that when the tears dry, South Africa and the West Indies will admit the same.

Anil

Neil Pickup said:
Back to the old, "Anyone but India or Australia" for me.. :)

How much that it's an Ind-Aus final now?
...and I thought you had become an Indian fan, Neil:lol: :lol: Well, you live and learn. Are you trying to put some hex on India and Australia by suggesting an Ind-Aus final? I suppose you would prefer a Kenya vs Zimbabwe final....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

luckyeddie said:
I expect that when the tears dry, South Africa and the West Indies will admit the same.
South Africa didn't do too badly. Fleming and Lara outplayed them and I have no doubt that they would've won yesterday if not for the rain.

Oh well, it just means that WI will have to be the first host team to win the WC in 2007....

Gotchya

Agreed. Pakistan was the worst in that lot, SA played well to lose yesterday and against the Windies. Only New Zealand outplayed them.

I'll be supporting Australia from now on :D

Legglancer

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
South Africa didn't do too badly. Fleming and Lara outplayed them and I have no doubt that they would've won yesterday if not for the rain.

Oh well, it just means that WI will have to be the first host team to win the WC in 2007....

Well I disagree with the notion that South Africa would have certainly won had the game gone the full distance. I have watched too much cricket to make comments like that. I think Atapatu and De Silva demoralised the SA bowling and took the game awey from SA. 40 runs from 30 balls is a gettable target with a Klusner and Boucher at the crease... but Dont forget that Vass had 3 overs left and Murali had also 1 over .... these two guys are 2 of the top wicket takers in the SL team and this world cup theirfore the match could have gone either way.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
anilramavarma said:
...and I thought you had become an Indian fan, Neil:lol: :lol:
That was Rik :) I supported them vs Pakistan for purely selfish reasons :D

Are you trying to put some hex on India and Australia by suggesting an Ind-Aus final? I suppose you would prefer a Kenya vs Zimbabwe final....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
That's the plan :) If only to shut up those idiots who think the WC would be better off without the minnows. Oh yeah, and to get revenge for knocking us out :!( :saint:

Go Kenya!
(and Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and New Zealand...)

Bazza

Neil Pickup said:
Back to the old, "Anyone but India or Australia" for me.. :)

How much that it's an Ind-Aus final now?
Agreed. And I think it's very likely to shape up that way. Australia will cruise to the final, and an exciting India v SL fixture is on the cards elsewhere. Admittedly it could be SL, but I would bet on India v Australia, with the first retention of the World Cup.

Anil

Neil Pickup said:
That was Rik :) I supported them vs Pakistan for purely selfish reasons :D

That's the plan :) If only to shut up those idiots who think the WC would be better off without the minnows. Oh yeah, and to get revenge for knocking us out :!( :saint:

Go Kenya!
(and Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka and New Zealand...)
Go India!!! Go Australia!!! Prove Neil wrong!!!:D :D :D

Choora

Legglancer said:
Hey ... arnt we forgetting Sri Lanka ?

Lanka is a very dangerous team, i think India and Australia will meet in the final, but Lanka might reach the final at the expense of any one of the above mentioned two teams!

Rik

Choora said:
Lanka is a very dangerous team, i think India and Australia will meet in the final, but Lanka might reach the final at the expense of any one of the above mentioned two teams!
Australia are hammering Sri Lanka at the moment. I think even if India make the final they can expect a defeat like they got in the group stages.