• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

honestbharani

The monster good guy characters can make decent transitional champs when you don't want some of your big faces to take the L but I feel like they can also make great long single term champs while you build up the rest of the roster. I hope they try something like that with Braun. The crowds seemed to love him till they had live shows.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A lot of top faces never did tbh. Austin and Rock never really had particularly long runs either. The thrill was always in the chase.

Kraken

They killed Braun the moment they had him team up with the kid at mania. Completely killed Cesaro and Sheamus as a tag team as well

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He did hold it for a bit longer than Show or Kane but yeah not a whole heap longer. It’s something like 400 odd days from 7 runs.
Undertaker does rank 6th on the list of combined days holding the WHC tbf. Thought he'd be a lot lower than that. Del Rio and Sheamus only marginally above him as well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Bray Wyatt has already had longer combined world title reigns than either Big Show or Kane. (He’s at like 160 days from 2 reigns)

Athlai

Not Terrible
They killed Braun the moment they had him team up with the kid at mania. Completely killed Cesaro and Sheamus as a tag team as well
Don’t agree with the former but absolutely agree with the latter. How do they do the Bar dirty like that? They could’ve done that to The Revival or B Team or the Miz and someone, but the freaking Bar? Ooof.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha oh ****, forgot he held the WWE title. Damn that was underwhelming.
The classic title run of the only significant moment being the initial victory. Though I think he did have a good Raw or Smackdown following elimination chamber where Cena or AJ put him over real nice.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The classic title run of the only significant moment being the initial victory. Though I think he did have a good Raw or Smackdown following elimination chamber where Cena or AJ put him over real nice.
Yeah him winning it was good. Really enjoyed that match. But the rest of it was toilet. Shame really, as the whole Orton joining the Wyatt family storyline was great.

Kraken

Don’t agree with the former but absolutely agree with the latter. How do they do the Bar dirty like that? They could’ve done that to The Revival or B Team or the Miz and someone, but the freaking Bar? Ooof.
Very true. Speaking of the Revival, officially got their release today. I for one really liked them. Bet they go to AEW and kill it

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah him winning it was good. Really enjoyed that match. But the rest of it was toilet. Shame really, as the whole Orton joining the Wyatt family storyline was great.
Harper vs Wyatt vs Orton at Mania would’ve been 10x the match. Orton is a better multiman wrestler in big matches and Harper could have had a mania moment and got a big ol pop before transitioning the title on to some bloke within the next month.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Very true. Speaking of the Revival, officially got their release today. I for one really liked them. Bet they go to AEW and kill it
The Revival in NXT were solid ****ing gold. WWE tag team wrestling hasn’t felt as big as they made it feel in decades. (Besides New Day vs Usos with special guest appearances from The Bar)

Kraken

The Revival in NXT were solid ****ing gold. WWE tag team wrestling hasn’t felt as big as they made it feel in decades. (Besides New Day vs Usos with special guest appearances from The Bar)
The matches they had with DIY and AOP were amazing. And with American Alpha too

Spikey

Braun/Wyatt seems very stupid from an outsider's pov. Braun's gimmick is that he's supposed to be a monster right? So him jobbing straight away seems stupid. and Wyatt's gimmick is that he can't really lose, but you can't trust him to actually wrestle a match. now, there's probably not a better time to give Wyatt the belt since you don't have to worry about him, you know, wrestling, given there's none of the usual commitments a champion has with house shows and everything. and although wwe is going back to broadcasting live to protect the company, I'm sure there's ample room to do taped stuff.

they shouldn't really be crossing paths. i'm sure WWE can find a way to do a dumb DQ finish, regardless of the match stip always have faith in WWE being able to do a dumb DQ finish, but this seems poorly arranged. Goldberg should have either kept it and then lost to Wyatt or find a different challenger

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I heard that as well. Braun the only vaguely credible oppo they had who wasn't already in a match, so drew the short straw, so to speak I guess. Just as well they had held him in reserve really.

Spikey

that's kinda perfect though, just have him squash someone (Sheamus, etc) and strip the belt off him and do a tournament or whatever.

from what I saw, it's not like they had a keyfabe reason for putting wyatt in there anyway, so you could have put whoever in there. it's not like you would have actually needed a credible opp. i think everyone understood the weird circumstances. and it saves the Wyatt/Bruan feud for a later date

Marcuss

They booked themselves into a corner because Goldberg wasn't prepared to job to the Fiend and wasn't willing to work past his contract. It's all kind of dumb. This just gets it back on the Fiend and we can pretend the whole thing never happened.