• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Road to World Cup 2014

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It would be pretty funny if France end up in Pot 2 anyway. I would hate to be whichever team ends there, it could well be the group of death.

What would England's dream group be? For Australia, we really need a weak African team from Pot 2 to have any chance of progressing. Failing that, it would be nice to have Uruguay, England or Italy in our group for different reasons.

Pothas

Don't want England to get an 'easy' group. They had one of those last time and it was torture to watch them scrap their way out of it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would Brazil, Netherlands and Japan be hard enough for you Pothas?

If Switzerland and the Dutch swapped, I would be happy enough with the 8 seeds.

Pothas

Italy should be a seed, reached final of the Euros and qualified easily.

I would certainly enjoy England more if they get a group like that, the games might actually be good. Watching England at major tournaments against lower ranked nations is just not very fun.

Uppercut

Colombia's seeding is proper bull**** too. Haven't qualified for a WC in years and haven't made it to a Copa America semi-final since 2004.

It's less of a problem because they have a good crop of players now but there's no way in hell they deserve top seeding.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Don't want England to get an 'easy' group. They had one of those last time and it was torture to watch them scrap their way out of it.
Haha, yeah, it was bloody horrible.

It was basically everything the World Cup should never be. Slow, dull, uninspiring, unexciting, colourless, plodding.

Scaly piscine

It would be pretty funny if France end up in Pot 2 anyway. I would hate to be whichever team ends there, it could well be the group of death.

What would England's dream group be? For Australia, we really need a weak African team from Pot 2 to have any chance of progressing. Failing that, it would be nice to have Uruguay, England or Italy in our group for different reasons.
Guess you'll have to change your name to Costa Rica Fan.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, can't wait to see England vs Uruguay.

What I'm less looking forward to is the stupid ITV/BBC pundits expressing shock at how our amazing mighty team of talented players has been beaten by this small nation from South America. Or putting it all down to Suarez.

Anyway, should have thought that's England out. Playing against Italy and two South American sides in extreme humidity/heat? Good luck with that.

Tom Halsey

Colombia's seeding is proper bull**** too. Haven't qualified for a WC in years and haven't made it to a Copa America semi-final since 2004.

It's less of a problem because they have a good crop of players now but there's no way in hell they deserve top seeding.
Colombia's seeding is fine it seems to me. I don't know how the FIFA rankings are calculated but there is no way that what happened in 2004 should be relevant. Colombia at the moment are a very good side so that's one of the seedings I have less of a problem with.

Belgium is the worse one as like Colombia their ranking is based upon only a recent upturn but unlike Colombia, Belgium were in a piss easy qualification group.

Tom Halsey

People being a bit over-pessimistic in this thread. Because of there being two qualification spots from the group you can be the third best team in the group and yet still more likely to qualify than not, which is exactly how it is on Betfair - England are 1.7 to qualify, which is still longer than Italy and Uruguay. Think this is still wrong anyway as the market tends to overrate Italy; they haven't been very good for a while now. Wouldn't even have them above England tbh, let alone Uruguay given it's in South America. Costa Rica at 12s to qualify looks the value to me.

Pothas

Don't see how they are not above England. Final of Euros and had little trouble quailfying.

Burgey

Looks like our pathway to the second round is easily assured then :ph34r:

Someone nobble Van Persie and we will smack Netherlands, can see a noble draw against Spain and we will flog Chile.

#bringingalittlebitofHookseytotheWCthread