• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second ODI in Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

theegyptian

Righteo.

If you think that isn't a massive further kick to Cook's confidence as captain simply because it's only an ODI then I think you're delusional. That **** hurts.

I was referring to stuff highlighted specifically but you seem to have gleamed over that to make some other salient point. How would it be better if England were 200 all out and outclassed again? They may have lost but they were competitive against the favourites of the CWC with a team decimated by form and injury/rest issues. In your thinking Australia would have been better off getting thrashed in the tests back in England rather than most of the games being competitive- because it would have hurt less for the players.

And the English fans were talking about themselves when they said they weren't devastated and it was just an ODI. Of course to the ODI team to get so close and then lose would be a bitter pill to swallow - but no-one afaik was suggesting otherwise. They were talking about their own feelings of indifference rather than the players.

benchmark00

Pretty sure two or three months ago you were going on about how England are clearly a much better ODI team than Australia and now you're saying Australia are the favourites for the World Cup.

HeathDavisSpeed

Pretty sure two or three months ago you were going on about how England are clearly a much better ODI team than Australia and now you're saying Australia are the favourites for the World Cup.
Would you prefer people not to revise their views given how history and results have panned out?

In other news, that Kaiser Wilhelm - he seems like a decent chap. I heard so on the wireless.

HeathDavisSpeed

Can you provide the missing context then? How many pages do I need to go back to read the original discussion to which you refer?

benchmark00

With that in mind you should probably not enter into a discussion with no knowledge of the particulars.

Hopefully your memory isn't so bad that you forget that next time you do it.

theegyptian

Bookmakers favourites and yes Australia were bad in the champions trophy. England were pretty good. Not hard to see how you could claim to say England were better at that point. Since then Australia have performed very well in india and in England whilst England have had various retirements/ form loss of key players.

benchmark00

Bookmakers favourites and yes Australia were bad in the champions trophy. England were pretty good. Not hard to see how you could claim to say England were better at that point. Since then Australia have performed very well in india and in England whilst England have had various retirements/ form loss of key players.
Australia at that point were, and still are, convincingly a better one day cricket team overall and have been for a long time. As I said at the time, Australia didn't take the champions trophy seriously and you were foolish to base your opinion on that.

HeathDavisSpeed

With that in mind you should probably not enter into a discussion with no knowledge of the particulars.

Hopefully your memory isn't so bad that you forget that next time you do it.
Well, if you treat this like a chat room when anyone as well as your interlocutor can read your posts, and you provide your posts with no context, don't be surprised when people misconstrue them.

social

Australia at that point were, and still are, convincingly a better one day cricket team overall and have been for a long time. As I said at the time, Australia didn't take the champions trophy seriously and you were foolish to base your opinion on that.
Wont hold my breath for evidence to back this claim

benchmark00

Pretty sure if you actually watched one day cricket over the course of the last 18 months you'd be able to figure it out champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.