• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

godofcricket

The same old Australian team and a similar situation for the opposition against australia in a final.

138 All Out.

Dravid

Worst collapse of the tournament. Atleast with Pakistan, you knew they werent going anywhere from the start of the inning. Expected over 250 after they were 49-1 in 5.

Slow Love™

I loved Bracken's explanation of the ball that dismissed Gayle: "I was running in, and I kept thinking slower ball, slower ball - then I thought nah, I'm gonna hit the wicket."

:laugh:

andyc

godofcricket said:
Well if u want to bring tests into it, then i have no doubt in saying that Mcgrath is a perfect test match bowler, the best bowler for that type game. But even u have to agree that even in tests, like every other bowler he is not a bowler perfect for every situation. Dont try to argue on that basis.
I'd pick him over any other fast bowler at the moment, he's the most consistent in pretty much every situation out there, and he is as close to the 'perfect bowler for every situation' that you're going to find going around today really, at least in terms of fast bowlers.

It just wouldn't be possible for McGrath to be so successful over such a long period of time if any aggressive batsman could get on top of him just by attacking him from the start. Batsmen might try, but he'll inevitably get them out.

FaaipDeOiad

West Indies collapse in a heap for the 4th time in the last 5 ODIs against Australia. Full credit to Bracken and McGrath though, as it was at least inspired by some amazing bowling early on, even if the second half of the collapse was mostly down to horrific batting.

Bravo's dismissal was an absolute embarassment, as was Baugh's. You expect silly things from the likes of Collymore, but the other two are batsmen and really should have at least hung around for a few more overs and got the score to a competitive 170-200 range. Turned a difficult defence into an impossible one.

irfan

Haha Collymore's runout was laughable he looked like a stranded chicken with nowhere to go and Symonds just nailed him.

Son Of Coco

godofcricket said:
Thats where i knew Mcgrath was never a great bowler, if a batsman attacks him he has no answer to it!!!!!! Gayle is just awesome.
Look, we've had this discussion before Rich....hang on a minute! :ph34r:

Dravid

Interesting. Chris Gayle opened the bowling. When is the last time a spinner opened the bowling for a team in ODI.

godofcricket

andyc said:
I'd pick him over any other fast bowler at the moment, he's the most consistent in pretty much every situation out there, and he is as close to the 'perfect bowler for every situation' that you're going to find going around today really, at least in terms of fast bowlers
Well look, i cant be bothered with this argument. Stop labelling him as a "close to perfect" bowler. He can deal with alot of situations but not every. Thats as simple as that. I dont care which era of bowlers u want to compare.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
At a mate`s place. Beer in the fridge. Bracken gets the top three. Bloody brilliant. His ball to get Gayle was simply amazing.

Ponting goneskis. Watson and Martyn in. Slightly nervous.