• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semi Finals and Final

FaaipDeOiad

Wonder if this game will continue into tomorrow. That might well make it the first two day ODI ever? Clouds certainly looking threatening.

Liking the look of Watson with the bat again, too. When he doesn't try and smash the first ball he faces to the fence he's very solid at the top of the order.

Incidentally, if he gets around 70-75 not out here his batting average will pass his bowling average in ODIs. After the Ashes last year, he averaged 29 with the bat and 45 with the ball in ODIs. Bowling average is down to 31 now.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
FaaipDeOiad said:
Wonder if this game will continue into tomorrow. That might well make it the first two day ODI ever?
First two-day ODI final, yes. IIRC they were pretty common in the group stages of early World Cups though.

FaaipDeOiad

pasag said:
Martyn to get Man of the Series if he carries on with this? May give Gayle a run for his money.
Depends if they include the prelim tournament I think. If they do, it'll be Gayle, followed by Martyn and McGrath. If they don't, it might be close. Gayle still in the box seat though.

Josh

I really was hoping for a close game. Boy am I disappointed. Sure, Australia will PROBABLY win from here (stranger things have happened, mind you), but the entertainment value was a bit poor.

Oh well; gotta expect that with Australia, I suppose. They seem to be doing below average and then all of the sudden they've won their next 3 games by outrageous amounts.

Josh

Current storm in the area. If the game is called off it gets replayed from scratch tomorrow.

Now, now. Won't that be an interesting prospect??

RAIN!!

Josh

OK, So apparently Brendan Julian cannot be trusted. Cricinfo says it continues from the halted point.

FaaipDeOiad

Did Julian say it starts from scratch? Didn't hear that, but it's funny if he did.

Anyway, it's just a rest day, will continue from where it ended. I'm pretty sure if tomorrow is also rained out the game will be a no result and the sides share the trophy.

Dravid

Josh said:
OK, So apparently Brendan Julian cannot be trusted. Cricinfo says it continues from the halted point.
It does continue from where it stops...would be interesting how many people actually show up tomorrow to watch the game.

If Gayle can win this game for West Indies here, there will no doubt in anyones mind that he will get Man of the series.

Dravid

FaaipDeOiad said:
Did Julian say it starts from scratch? Didn't hear that, but it's funny if he did.

Anyway, it's just a rest day, will continue from where it ended. I'm pretty sure if tomorrow is also rained out the game will be a no result and the sides share the trophy.
If 10 overs can come in tomorrow than we will have a result as of D/L. However even if there is no play, dont they have a bowl out thing to decide the winner?

pasag

RTDAS
FaaipDeOiad said:

Yeah that's what he said. Cricinfo disagrees. Tbf, he' just reading from a paper infront of him. Enjoying this 87 Aus - Eng ODI though.

social

pasag said:
Yeah that's what he said. Cricinfo disagrees. Tbf, he' just reading from a paper infront of him. Enjoying this 87 Aus - Eng ODI though.
I played with some of these guys - how bad do they look?

Anyway. if they start again, it's a joke.

pasag

RTDAS
Boon out! 1/24. Dean Jones coming in.

Julian says the rain has stopped and there will be an inspection in 20 minutes.

Dravid

7.30pm Good News: Rain has stopped. Super sopper and manual labour on in fullswing. Bad News: The outfield looks like a swimming pool. News: A minimum of 10 more overs need to be bowled tonight for
the Duckworth-Lewis method to come into play. If that isn't possible, the players would need to return on Monday afternoon to complete the game.