• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 'When Will This Bloody Tour End?' T20 Thread

benchmark00

FMD Bailey is such a good LO player these days. Just hits his zones so well all the time.
Yeah unbelievable how he's turned into such a great hitter. Genuinely didn't deserve his spot as a batsman when he came into the team but now just brains them.

inbox24

Do you think David Hussey is a good on side player. Does he get back and across well? Is he a big bowled candidate do you think?
I haven't seen much of his FC batting live, but from ODIs and such he seems to play on the on side fine. About the others I'm not sure. What do you think?

Burgey

Should also give a lot of kudos to Broad on this tour. He was obviously the panto villain and copped a lot of ****, but IMO he was the best of England's bowlers over the five tests (Stokes development nws), copped a hammering when he batted and from the crowds. But he fronted every presser he had to, and has always presented well to the press without getting surly when he had every right to, given how the tour has gone.

Strikes me as a good fella tbh, despite being capable of being a proper **** on-ground like a lot of blokes are.

benchmark00

I haven't seen much of his FC batting live, but from ODIs and such he seems to play on the on side fine. About the others I'm not sure. What do you think?
I would say he is extremely poor in those areas and that is probably why he can no longer get a game for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield, inbox24.

benchmark00

Should also give a lot of kudos to Broad on this tour. He was obviously the panto villain and copped a lot of ****, but IMO he was the best of England's bowlers over the five tests (Stokes development nws), copped a hammering when he batted and from the crowds. But he fronted every presser he had to, and has always presented well to the press without getting surly when he had every right to, given how the tour has gone.

Strikes me as a good fella tbh, despite being capable of being a proper **** on-ground like a lot of blokes are.
Yep, shown great character IMO. Reckon he's handled it perfectly. Have even seen him pose for photos with people wearing 'Stuart Broad is a **** bloke' t-shirts when he could've just told them to **** off.

inbox24

I would say he is extremely poor in those areas and that is probably why he can no longer get a game for Victoria in the Sheffield Shield, inbox24.
Yeah fine. But Phil Hughes had some gaping holes in his technique and still got a go. Other international players don't have perfect techniques either. To not even give him a go is pretty bad.

Not sure how Khawaja got a go when he couldn't play spin bowling at all. That's a pretty big part of batting you'd think

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Good post. Presumably Burgeinho wrote it.

benchmark00

@wutube: Jade Dernbach is a great finisher - for the opposition. Series figures 1-141 from 12 overs #AUSvENG