• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - does anyone actually care anymore?

Victor Ian

I cant take this ****. ****ing syncronised anything - Just **** off. And the rhythmic gymnastics - just **** off. This **** is like a virus. Once, the Olympics managed to get rid of non sport **** like poetry and painting and stuff (yes they were gold medal events once), but now we are stuck with the mutated virus come back. This **** looks like school girls very impressed with their shows that no one could enjoy, other than their parents. If you MUST make me watch girls dance, then can you at least make them legal age and well proportioned so that I can ogle them.

Meanwhile - awesome efforts by lots of real athletes. That French dude on the walk was awesome. They should take a rhythmic gymnastics gold from these bitches and give it to him. Usain was awesome - I imagine the quick sprints will be boring for a while now like after Lewis retired.

Give Mo Farah a relay to win! Let him do a tripple tripple too.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
With basketball it's more the way it's refereed in the international game more than being corrupt. It's the same at every international tournament, not just the Olympics.

Victor Ian

Has there been a better Olympic athlete ever? I really don't know that there has been, including Phelps. It's not like Bolt can do a three-legged race/ standing on his head race/ running backwards thing.

Incredible performance.
We are all robbed of the chance to see how fast bolt could run the 100m backwards. Considering the world record retro 100m is 12.7 seconds I think it is entirely resonable that he might be doing it in a 10.XX time. He could run backwards quicker than most fit people could go forwards.

I really think backwards 100m should be a thing - backstroke equivalent, and perhaps double stepping (jumping) - sort of like butterfly equivalent. And sidestepping to allow a 400m medley. I think Usain would be at 30 golds compared to Phelps if that were the case.

backwards running world records

Scaly piscine

And the Olympics ends in another mugging.

How do you lose a fight where you hit the other guy more every round, hit him harder and clearly hurt him in two of the three rounds?

****ing disgrace.

vogue

How do you lose a fight where you hit the other guy more every round, hit him harder and clearly hurt him in two of the three rounds?

****ing disgrace.
Yeah...I watched that and our guy definitely should have had gold..:@

Howe_zat

Anyway I have gotten into this olympics like a pig in **** over the last week or so and will be very sad to see it go.

Stunning performance from team GB. Will probably be remembered as a high point for years but I like to think we'll never return to the dark ages of when I was a kid.

Now if we could just get rid of football we can be a proud sporting nation

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I stayed up until all hours watching Atlanta. All for one gold. All been uphill since then.

Anyway, I have the maximum PPP and we are on page 13. I have watched little of these Olympics but I think it's safe to say the answer to the OP's question is yes

hendrix

****ing disgrace.
It was a close fight but Yoka won rounds 2 and 3, IMO, and did enough to clearly win the fight. He's a much more skillful boxer.

Classic counter-puncher fight where people who don't know much about boxing watching the fight won't pick it up.

Last edited: