• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pet hates at work

duffer

1. People using disconnect as a noun. ie "I think there was a disconnect between accounts payable and your FA" Um, get ****ed eh?
2. People who take 10 smoke breaks a day. Hey, I used to be a smoker and would still limit it as I knew I was being paid for actually working, no matter how much I was dying for a dart.
3. People who use speaker phone when at their desk. Also people who listen to the radio or whatever music without headphones. "Awww you know I think it adds to the atmosphere around here" No, no it doesn't, get ****ed.
4. The woman at work who goes around reading everyone's horoscopes out loud. "Hmm, all the Leo's out there....."
5. People who don't use deodorant and the women who use the strongest perfume they could possibly find. Equally offensive.
6. People who schedule meetings during lunch hours. "Hey, it was the only time everyone was free"
7. The chicks who are on online dating sites during the day and talking about all the creeps who've been messaging them. Hahahahahaha. At least they're funny.
8. People who sit near you yet send emails to you asking you the simplest questions.
9. Being told you have too much leave accrued. Yeah hey, I was doing that for a reason.
10. Hot-desking. What's with this ****?

Please add more...

Hurricane

Pet Peeves

When executives swear for effect and think they are cool "I am really pissed off over this".

When executives take a cool saying and start using it and instantly it becomes uncool "That is an interesting idea whatever you are smoking pass it around".

People who are new and who want to be involved with absolutely everything.

People who are spunky and peppy and gogetters. Please chill out. Typically these people get frustrated at the rest of us for not being upbeat as they are and they make complaints to management about everyone's engagement levels.

People who write graffiti in the office washroom. It is the office not the 7/Eleven washroom. Get sensible.

That is all for now,

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The Australian Full Time Week being longer than most countries. Except you Iceland. Have a rest.

Burgey

Why would anyone make a cmplaint to management about other people not being "engaged" as you call it?

You'd have to be a complete ****. They want belting.

Son Of Coco

Social retards who think they're the life of the office because they've established a social safe-haven there.

People constantly trying to prove how good they are at their jobs by talking about it every second of the ****ing day.

People in higher positions (we're talking head teachers here, not presidents) who can't muster up a simple 'hello' and 'goodbye' when others turn up at work/are leaving. (Refer back to no.1)

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

Can feel the pain, duffer. What's hot-desking, btw?
People who are new and who want to be involved with absolutely everything.

People who are spunky and peppy and gogetters. Please chill out.
This bugs me to no end too. Worst people.

Redbacks

Maintenance people who walk around looking at everyone as if we are about to break something and ruin their day.

Howe_zat

People who tell me to leave a CV and they'll get back to me as soon as they're hiring, only for me to go back next week and discover they've finished hiring.

People who do the above, and insist that they did get back to me and I have forgotten about it.

cpr

People who get in the lift to go one floor.- Get ****ed, Some of us have to get to the top floor sometime this morning.

People who have to be told where everything is - If it was emailed to you a week ago, its because we needed you to know in advance, not wait until your stuck then ask everyone where the guidance is.

People who don't make their fair share of the brews.

Absolute ****ing ****tards who put a wet spoon in the sugar AFTER the coffee.

Himannv

1. Ball passing - Honestly if its your job just do it without thinking about who gets the blame if there are any screw ups.

2. Washroom etiquette - Spilling water on the floor is fine if you're at home but really spilling water on the floor in office is ridiculous. Are you trying to take a shower in the sink or what?

3. Littering - Just because we have cleaning staff doesn't mean you go throwing wrappers and tissues all over the place. Grow up and use a ****ing bin ffs.

4. People who come in to work when sick - I'd rather you dont spread your infection to the rest of us. Bosses who force those working under them to come into work when sick are worse.

5. Interrupting lunch with work - Hate seeing bosses or others contacting other employees during their lunch hour with work issues. Wouldn't kill you to wait a few minutes.

6. People who act too important just because they got a promotion - Dude, we all get promoted now and then. Loser.

7. Stalkers - Somehow hate these kind of guys. Women come to office to work too. Staring at their every move and acting like love sick puppies is just effing messed up.

8. Office Politics - Hate this sort of ****. I know its your career and you want to make the best out of it, but seriously grow a pair and do your thing without all the dirty games.

9. Gossip - He said, she said, they said... Honestly do you have nothing more interesting to talk about at lunch? Get a hobby or go out somewhere in the weekends without resorting to all this mindless blabber.

10. Management's earpiece - You dont need to tell them about every single thing that we do. That just makes you a ****ing bad person.

11. People who hover around behind you - Honestly are you some sort of spy or what?

Daemon

I had this one boss who was really loud and abnoxious, always trying to crack jokes and stuff. Was pretty annoying. My colleagues were annoying as well, there was this one ugly bitch who used to constantly try and sleep with everyone despite knowing full well that everyone despised her and her smoking habits. Another type of annoying co workers that I'm pretty sure everyone hates - the couples. Constantly going over to each other's workplace, chatting and giggling, trying to tell everyone about the happiness in their lives and how many hairs their baby has on his head. To be honest I can tolerate all that but there was this one guy who just took the piss, constantly sucking up to the boss, stealing everyone's clients and shamelessly advertising his 'innovative' agrotourism bed and breakfast destination. That's not all, the prick even bought the building we work in.

So anyways, I just spend most of my time doing Sudoku puzzles instead of my ****ty job here at Dunder Mifflin.

Bobisback

I work behind a bar, so I dont have enough time to list all my pet hates. Here is one today though.

Everyday when we shut the club, we call close 30 minutes before everyone has to leave, the annoucement is something like "Attention please members and guests, the time is now -time- and your club will be closing tonight at -30 minutes after time-, last drinks can be purchased up until -15 minutes after time- after which time it will be takeaway only.

Today, did the call then 20 minutes later some ****er who comes in once a week comes up and sees the bar closed sign and says "Bar closed? I dont think so, you'll give me one more" I said, I dont think so mate, bar is close. He was like "Not for me it isnt" I said, nah it is for everyone. He then asked for two takeaways. Told him if he opened them here, he would be visiting the board of directors during their next meeting (basically saying I will get him barred.) He then stormed off with the ****s.

So club shut, there was only a couple of people left, so told them it was time to go. One of the chicks comes up to check her keno, which is fine by the rules and he starts to comlain again telling me he is going to be seeing the boss about all this. Told him thats fine mate, I'm the boss so I'll be sure to look at it for you. He then said he would be seeing the secretary manager tomorrow and it will be dealt with. Told him good luck with it all now the clubs shut so ciao.

A mate came up to put his empty schooner on the bar and asked what was going on, I said nothing mate just Princess here is having a cry because he couldnt have another beer. Now, this guy is huge, and scary looking so that was probably dumb. He did react a bit, but wasnt dumb enough to have a go back. That was the enjoyable part of the whole ordeal but the rest just annoyed me. Seriously, if the bar is ****ing closed, its ****ing closed. If you come in once a week and have maybe 3 schooners in that time, then why the **** am I going to break the rules for you. And telling me he was going to see my boss about me, as if I was doing something wrong by following the rules that have been set for me? Seriously, wish you could call a **** a **** without getting in **** nowadays. So annoying.

-vent-

Goughy

1. People using disconnect as a noun. ie "I think there was a disconnect between accounts payable and your FA" Um, get ****ed eh?
2. People who take 10 smoke breaks a day. Hey, I used to be a smoker and would still limit it as I knew I was being paid for actually working, no matter how much I was dying for a dart.
3. People who use speaker phone when at their desk. Also people who listen to the radio or whatever music without headphones. "Awww you know I think it adds to the atmosphere around here" No, no it doesn't, get ****ed.
4. The woman at work who goes around reading everyone's horoscopes out loud. "Hmm, all the Leo's out there....."
5. People who don't use deodorant and the women who use the strongest perfume they could possibly find. Equally offensive.
6. People who schedule meetings during lunch hours. "Hey, it was the only time everyone was free"
7. The chicks who are on online dating sites during the day and talking about all the creeps who've been messaging them. Hahahahahaha. At least they're funny.
8. People who sit near you yet send emails to you asking you the simplest questions.
9. Being told you have too much leave accrued. Yeah hey, I was doing that for a reason.
10. Hot-desking. What's with this ****?

Please add more...
Luckily I dont have any of those issues in my workplace.

My only pet peeve is management related. I run about a 20 person department and I dont think I have ever had all 20 people in work on the same day. Someone is aways either sick or has an emergency. Saying that, Im taking a medical day tomorrow to get an MRI so I cant complain too much

GotSpin

I work behind a bar, so I dont have enough time to list all my pet hates. Here is one today though.

Everyday when we shut the club, we call close 30 minutes before everyone has to leave, the annoucement is something like "Attention please members and guests, the time is now -time- and your club will be closing tonight at -30 minutes after time-, last drinks can be purchased up until -15 minutes after time- after which time it will be takeaway only.

Today, did the call then 20 minutes later some ****er who comes in once a week comes up and sees the bar closed sign and says "Bar closed? I dont think so, you'll give me one more" I said, I dont think so mate, bar is close. He was like "Not for me it isnt" I said, nah it is for everyone. He then asked for two takeaways. Told him if he opened them here, he would be visiting the board of directors during their next meeting (basically saying I will get him barred.) He then stormed off with the ****s.

So club shut, there was only a couple of people left, so told them it was time to go. One of the chicks comes up to check her keno, which is fine by the rules and he starts to comlain again telling me he is going to be seeing the boss about all this. Told him thats fine mate, I'm the boss so I'll be sure to look at it for you. He then said he would be seeing the secretary manager tomorrow and it will be dealt with. Told him good luck with it all now the clubs shut so ciao.

A mate came up to put his empty schooner on the bar and asked what was going on, I said nothing mate just Princess here is having a cry because he couldnt have another beer. Now, this guy is huge, and scary looking so that was probably dumb. He did react a bit, but wasnt dumb enough to have a go back. That was the enjoyable part of the whole ordeal but the rest just annoyed me. Seriously, if the bar is ****ing closed, its ****ing closed. If you come in once a week and have maybe 3 schooners in that time, then why the **** am I going to break the rules for you. And telling me he was going to see my boss about me, as if I was doing something wrong by following the rules that have been set for me? Seriously, wish you could call a **** a **** without getting in **** nowadays. So annoying.

-vent-
That'd be pretty annoying haha. Gotta be standard stuff though

I work in a fairly busy bottleo down in Bondi and it's somewhat both amusing and annoying seeing how many people treat the place as a pub. They'll walk into the shop beers in hand, hang around and have a chat to their mates. Of course, I don't really mind when it's a bunch of femeninas coming straight from the beach.

Last edited: