• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sky Sports "Cricket"

Niall

Its just not very good is it? Not bothering with associates is poor enough, but when charging so much for the service, its very poor that they have none of the Pakistan or the India series at the moment.

fredfertang

Its just not very good is it? Not bothering with associates is poor enough, but when charging so much for the service, its very poor that they have none of the Pakistan or the India series at the moment.
Couldn't agree more - also find it difficult to believe that the cost of it could exceed the advertising revenue they would get - sums involved must be small anyway

Woodster

Yes it’s a frustration with so much cricket going on around the world that they can’t broadcast some of it. I appreciate we’ve had the monsoon-affected one-day series in SL recently, but it is a channel dedicated to the sport and other channels are currently showing the Caribbean 50-over competition, the Afghanistan T20 tournament, I’m sure if they put something on such as the Sheffield Shield it’ll go some way to justifying the name of the channel. I love watching some of the older stuff aswell but when it’s repeat after repeat it can get a tad tiresome.

cpr

Do they charge for the cricket channel separate like they do with the F1 channel? I just get the sports package on NowTV so I'm not sure whats what with Sky direct. If they are charging for it, then yeah, bit rubbish really, especially as everything major you want to watch ends up on main event anyway.

YorksLanka

Do they charge for the cricket channel separate like they do with the F1 channel? I just get the sports package on NowTV so I'm not sure whats what with Sky direct. If they are charging for it, then yeah, bit rubbish really, especially as everything major you want to watch ends up on main event anyway.
yeah I think they do and recently they announced that all sports will be HD rather than SD then increased the subscription to reflect -watching games from 10 years ago in HD now lol

a massive zebra

I completely agree.

There is not much point having a channel dedicated to cricket if more often than not a days coverage consists of nothing but 24 hours of repeats, even when multiple international matches are ongoing. I thought Sky Sports was much better when they didn't have any channels dedicated to particular sports but all five channels had live sport on throughout the peak time hours.

cpr

I completely agree.

There is not much point having a channel dedicated to cricket if more often than not a days coverage consists of nothing but 24 hours of repeats, even when multiple international matches are ongoing. I thought Sky Sports was much better when they didn't have any channels dedicated to particular sports but all five channels had live sport on throughout the peak time hours.
The F1 channel seems to be surviving and this week is a busy one with races on consecutive weekends for once!

How much is Sky Sports these days? I think we pay about £30 a month with Now TV and get the full lot. (Well my dad pays it, he only watches it through the box, leaving me to steal his other 3 logins). Seem to remember it being a stupidly expensive package to add in the past

Stace

SKY sports have just agreed a deal to show the NBA for the next 4 years and will show 170 games THIS SEASON!! https://www.freesupertips.co.uk/news/sky-sports-nba-agree-4-year-broadcasting-deal/

How can they waste so much time and money on a bloody American sport, surely the demand isn't that high. They always seem to be showing tennis and golf non stop too.

Thank god BT are showing Australia's LO series with SA and India, even though the comms and presentation aren't great.

Niall

The tennis coverage is so-so, they did not show Edmund winning his first ATP event the other day which I am sure would have annoyed a lot of people. Thy have lost the rights to Amazon for all the men's stuff while the ladies is on BT Sport. BT show plenty of rugby along with terrestrial who still have the rights to big international events.

I think the only sports they seem they really seem to have on lock are darts and golf.

fredfertang

So the 3rd ODI between India and WIndies isn't likely to be the most gripping match of the year, but **** me it would get a bigger audience than a rerun of the second SL/Eng ODI, wouldn't it?

Tom Flint

It's so **** here atm. The only cricket we've had to watch recently is the sl England series where every game has been rain affected, the pak Aus years which I found out half way through was on a random Asian channel and the wi domestic which has actually been very good but 2nd innings finishes about 3am.

andmark

I think the only sports they seem they really seem to have on lock are darts and golf.
In fairness, ITV have made some progress in getting darts events. It's good to have some good quality darts on free-to-air rather than just the BDO once a year.

turnstyle

Sky were stealing cycling coverage off Eurosport there for a while but seem to have given up on that as well.

S.Kennedy

There isn't much happening in cricket right now. I haven't really been following the sport lately, Sri Lanka and the Windies is hardly the most enticing winter schedule for England, I suppose Australia v India is the next thing of interest.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
SKY sports have just agreed a deal to show the NBA for the next 4 years and will show 170 games THIS SEASON!! https://www.freesupertips.co.uk/news/sky-sports-nba-agree-4-year-broadcasting-deal/

How can they waste so much time and money on a bloody American sport, surely the demand isn't that high. They always seem to be showing tennis and golf non stop too.

Thank god BT are showing Australia's LO series with SA and India, even though the comms and presentation aren't great.
Haha you're ****ing kidding right

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, an odd complaint that. The fact of the matter is that cricket rights cost money and if the host board demands too much then they’re not obligated to buy it just because they have a channel dedicated to cricket.

a massive zebra

NBA is huge at the moment. Easily the second most popular sport going and it's massive with the younger crowd.
On what basis is basketball easily the second most popular sport in the UK? According to Sport England, Basketball is the 8th most played sport in the UK (cricket is 4th), and according to Sky, Basketball isn't among the top 10 most viewed sports on Sky Sports (cricket is 4th).

andmark

On what basis is basketball easily the second most popular sport in the UK? According to Sport England, Basketball is the 8th most played sport in the UK (cricket is 4th), and according to Sky, Basketball isn't among the top 10 most viewed sports on Sky Sports (cricket is 4th).
Am I right in thinking that Sky doesn't show much basketball? If that's right, then it could be interpreted as either it doesn't get views because it's not on, or it's not on because it doesn't get views.