• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sledger's 50,000th post mega-thread (the one where I call people ****s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ok, you asked for it.

Apologies to anyone missed, will do additions later (assuming not banned by then)

_Ed_ - By all accounts, a thoroughly decent chap. Doesn't often have a bad word to say about anyone, but frequently likes posts I make where I say bad words about people. Generally find his posts to be very thoughtful and nuanced. Good lad.

a massive zebra - Can't remember much about this lad tbh. Don't have any obvious beef. Seem to vaguely recall him making nonsense threads and/or antagonising James/the mods, so probably a solid bloke. Got no beef in any event.

Adders - People jokingly call me "woke daddy" IRL, but this guy is THE mf'ing woke daddy. Don't know him that well, but clearly has more brain cells, and is capable of more independent thought. than a great many of the ****s on here.

andmark - A good lad who means well. Has come a long way from wikigate and the time when his dad signed up to the forum to shout at people.

Athlai - A real goalpost mover when it comes to debates. But his heart is in the right place. Knows stuff about things I like. Suspect would be very easy to get on with IRL.

Bijed - one day I will discover he actually doesn't look like Johnny Bairstow and it will be horrible. Good lad though. Should post more.

BoyBrumby - A bit like Mark Kermode, in that he has mastered a very eloquent, but not verbose, way of pithily and succinctly calling other people ****s. I am very supportive of this, and aspire to be able to do it myself.

Burgey - Tolerated me putting is in a taxi then driving round for a bit before coming back to where we started. Left the pub early that night though wac. Honestly though, has been a regular correspondent to me off forum for years, and like others in here has given me more than my fair share of meaningful and helpful advice over the years. Forum would not be the same without him.

Cabinet96 - Good lad. Always expected him to be short, but he really isn't. Good company for Pothas and I in the pub before we went to watch Arsenal v Brentford.

cpr - a thoughtful and diplomatic lad who always has an interesting view on things. Good anecdotes. Enjoy hearing about his dad is getting on.

D/L - discount version of Watson combined with maroon faithful (or the version of Watson you'd get if Watson came free with a cheap magazine). Basically a parody of the person he thinks he is. And also just a ****.

Daemon - He's actually a bro. Give him all sorts of abuse, but cops it well, and also shares my juvenile sense of humour and understands doggo culture/memes. I imagine he's basically a bit like how zorax would be if zorax wasn't really dire. Should get smashed together when next in the same country tbh.

dontcloseyoureyes - cleaned my oven and slept on my sofa (the rug he slept under is currently on my bed, and I have not washed it since). Good at dealing out abuse when required. Big fan of that. Ate pizza. Cleaned my oven. Trolled my then GF. Helps me pick vidya games. Is there nothing he cannot do?

Duffer - Total hero. Great company. Said to me "I don't want to drink any alcohol, unless we're going to get really ****ing smashed". Had a lot of time for that. Also offered to introduce me to his mother who was also hanging about, but only on the proviso I didn't mention CW. Didn't take him up on the offer ftr.

Flem274* - Likes the Offspring and The Stand, so this is good. I remember him posting a picture of him out on a hike, and me thinking "strong looking legs, them". Shares my juvenile sense of humour.

flibbertyjibber - I'm sorry, maybe it's something to do with the username, but I simply cannot accept he is more than twelve years old.

fredfertang - Despite my juvenile antics, he has always been rather fond of me for some reason. Has also helped me out of several tough jams, and was even good enough to skive off work to go to the pub with me once. That was a good time. More than half a decade ago now already, dear me.

Furball - Furball's biggest problem is that he is "very Furball". A good lad at heart, who I am sure would be great fun on a night out or a trip to the pub or whatever. He just says and does strange things sometimes. Like Pothas said the other day, sometimes you look at his posts and just think "this is such a Furball thing to say".

GIMH - One of the worst people you could ever hope to meet, but good fun really. Made excellent use of his expense account, sending several cones down the hatch, and posting provocative crap on here, on more than one occasion. Drunken content sent over whatsapp is also great. Shame he's from Liverpool though.

Gnske - I am convinced he is the guy from the Modest Pelican gaming channel on YouTube. Shits given: 0. Therefore he is a winner in my book. Knows his stuff RE: Manuel and his pals, which is what truly sets people apart from the animals.

GoodAreasShane - Can't remember much about the lad, but I'm sure he's fine.

GotSpin - Something something Limp Bizkit.

Hendrix - The kind of person that in some ways I really want to like, but he just makes it impossible.

honestbharani - Won't say because I have been warned in advance that I will get banned if I do.

Howe_zat - He's a nice lad. If I had friends I would probably hope they would be like him. If you don't get on with him, you're probably a pretty ordinary bloke. Tall. Helped me and GIMH post nonsense whilst in a pub once. Big help to me when running wrestlemafia games. Laughed nervously when I called pratters a moron on CW commentary. Thumbs up.

Jedi brah - toxic masculinity personified and generally unpleasant. But there are worse people out there.

Line and Length - seems alright.

Magrat Garlick - A thoughtful, knowledgeable, and brave sort.

marc71178 - Not seen much over the years, but there was a time when he would regularly post poorly, and be very anti-fun. That said, he always used to stick up for Arsenal and Thierry Henry in the football thread when Piscine (dickhead) was talking bollocks.

marcuss - Arsenal fan. Had the sense to gtfo of the UK. There is wisdom in both of these things.

Matteh - Another who gives zero shits about anything. Happy to get on a train across the country after receiving random "wanna go to the pub tonight?" texts.

Migara - A horrible specimen. Nasty, pernicious, hostile, and just really ****ing stupid. Easy to rile though, so he gets some points for that. Never fails to take even the most rancid of baits.

morgieb - a very dubious character. Once suggested that Hendrix was "the man we all want to be". Enough said.

Mr Myrik - he doesn't like me, and I always found him condescending. Maybe he has mellowed out these days, but back in 2005 he was a supercilious dickhead.

Mr_Mister - I like how his posts rarely contain punctuation or grammar. This just makes me like him more for some reason.

Neptune - seems a bit deranged. I approve.

Niall - Seems a good lad. Contributes well to several threads I read regularly. Posts amusing content from twitter.

nightprowler10 - He's just ace tbh.

NUFAN - nobody ever seems to have a bad word to say about the lad, but I can't remember ever really engaging with him.

NZTailender - All-round top bloke tbh. Great sense of humour. Likes the same things I do in no small part. Expert on Simpsons memes/jokes etc. Hoping to meet him when/if he's finally able to move over here.

OS - Discusses wrestling well, but would always get upset when I posted about India or HB for some reason. I have no ill-will for him.

Pothas - Genuinely one of my oldest friends these days, having met when we were like 11 years old or something.

Prince EWS - The amount of **** he leaks to me from the mod forum is pretty great tbh. I thoroughly recommend that everyone gets their own insider. Makes it much easier to break the rules etc. Nah only (partially joking). See also: my entry for spark.

Quincywagstaf - Dunno who this is.

Red_Hill - Dummy spit in the BOTM thread was pretty lolsy. Otherwise the only thing I remember about him is that he used to be called "Monk". I remember nothing of Monk.

Red_Ink_Squid - Seems a gun new addition to the forum. Very strong mafia player.

ripper868 - Seems a solid lad. Rarely controversial, good humoured. Apart from the odd exchange about fairly inconsequential stuff I don't think we've ever really interacted.

RossTaylorsBox - has more of a sense of humour than I once appreciated. I daresay we would disagree about a hell of a lot, but it's clear a lot of the people I think are utter ballbags, he also thinks are utter ballbags. Also lives in Japan, and with me being a massive weaboo this is srs fappage

Senile sentry - a C word. I don't even remember why, but I do remember that he is.

Shady Slim - Obviously a total legend in the making. Big fan.

silentstriker - Has a wonderful wife who is a great laugh, and he himself is not too bad either. Great fun. Oh and I use a picture of me next to him on various dating sites in the hope that someone will say "omg, is that THE silentstriker you are with?"

sillycowcorner1 - Clearly a great lad. Works on a farm, and this is wholesome.

smalishah - A turd. Struggles with basic facts and not behaving like a total throbber. Don't rate at all.

Smudge - in the days of his previous persona, let's call this "the man of volts", we did not get on at all, and I was banned many times as a result of things I said to him. But somehow that all just melted away at some point, and I wonder why there was any animosity in the first place.

Spark - Good lad. I think he quite enjoys my *********ry sometimes tbh, whilst at other times he finds it exasperating. An earnest and very bright chap though, no doubt about it.

Spikey - has the right idea about how to behave online. Sadly not so active these days.

Starfighter - can't remember if this is someone I enjoy baiting or if that's someone else.

Stephen - not for me thanks.

The other stephen from south africa - total gun. Felt like we both were on the PhD journey together for a lot of time. Took a lot of heart from conversations had with him, and am very grateful for that. Desperate for him to also get over the line.

sunilz - not sure who this is tbh

superkingdave - Bit of a legend. Not really interacted for more than ten years though. I hope he is doing well.

Tom Halsey - top lad, not just because of his excellent, succinct, and logically consistent posting style, but also because of the sheer lacks of ****s he gives. Used to hang out a fair bit back in the days when we were neighbours, seemed to exist purely for the sake of going to the pub. Had nothing but disdain for work and getting out of bed before 3pm. I have a lot of time for all of those things tbh.

trundler - trundler is a good lad, but tries a bit too hard to be edgy and fit in some of the time one feels. Take it easy lad. Just be yourself. You're at your best when telling funny little stories about life in Pakistan and stealing your dad's car or whatever

vcs - "World War 3 has just broken out, vcs".... "Oh dear.... better take the washing off the line then"

vic_orthdox - We used to hate eachother, but once he calmed down a bit and stopped being a jobsworth he became decent.

vogue - has had some very questionable episodes, but has behaved well for quite some time now. Hopefully a corner has been turned.

weldone - very basic in just about every sense imaginable.

zorax - he's not that bad really I guess. But he is pretty bad.

top cat - I remember when I joined and Top Cat was a mod I thought he was a right knobhead. Has definitely gone up in my estimation since. Seems a cool dude.

benchmark00 - One of the most unpleasant and obnoxious characters I have ever had the misfortune of encountering anywhere ever.

blocky - clearly a very low grade specimen. Fortunately I had relatively little to do with him, but I still wish I had even less involvement with him. A boil on the forum that should have been lanced long before he was.

pratyush - a very odd fellow. I think his heart is in the right place, but some of his behaviour over the years has left a lot to be desired.

precambrian - Another one who'd easily progress to the advance stages of any "battle of the direst CW members". Make the forum absolutely unreadable for a time. Wanker.

richard - One of the most unusual people I have ever met in my life. Spoke at length about how he didn't like wearing denim trousers, and whilst walking rubbed his hands together. Responsible for generating huge aggravation on the forum, and for that I will always be grateful.

mr casson - it's been literally ten years at least since I spoke to Cass, but he was a cool dude, and presumably still is.

piper - Appeared in those videos with Richard, and this can never be forgiven. These would have been easier to watch if they were actual snuff films. Seemed a good sort at heart though.

scarlett - unstable and annoying. Very low brain power.

harsh - A good lad who I have probably given a bit too much stick to over the years. Suspect modding, but I regret putting the boot in as much as I did.

james - not exactly "Mr Fun", but he has recently been very accommodating to me over email, so at the time of writing I have no beef.

the guy that banned the word poo - LoonyBob. Terrible moderator. One of the absolute worst ever, but liked Final Fantasy, so not all bad.

miyagi - Clearly a total dickhead, but I did take some enjoyment from the misery he appeared to cause others.

Uppercut - we don't always agree, but I always look forward to hearing his thoughts on things. Often makes me think of issues or ideas that I had not previously thought of. Has been a good correspondent off forum for me as well, in relation to a range of matters (not all of them disastrous).

social - his very existence is basically a having dinner with people meme these days. I can't imagine him being such a crushing bore irl, but w/e, doubt I will ever find out.

watson - a bag of **** with legs.

cover drive man - once sent an email to Noam Chomsky and received a reply, which I just find hilarious. Also, basically gave up on CW to become a pro wrestler. Great. Once tried to pitch a business idea to me about trying to sell second hand watches to people sat in their cars at traffic likes. See also the entry on andmark for the business involving their dad.

Ikki - Douchebag and utterly obnoxious. One of those people who you just know if you met them in real life they'd be a total dickhead. I think his pick up artist posts, combined with pics he posted of him photobombing girls in nightclubs, were the final straw for me. Just absolutely dreadful to debate with generally as well. Odoius tstl.

Status
Not open for further replies.