• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Songs mentioned in other songs

Howe_zat

Noel Gallagher tells a story about how Don't Look Back In Anger is allegedly based on Sally Cinnamon by the Stone Roses.

" I wrote this song in Paris, and It didn't have the Sally bit in it. I was doing a sound check, at our first arena gig in Sheffield. Liam came up and said 'do Sally'. I said I don't know what the **** you're talking about. 'Isn't that what you're singing? So Sally can wait?' And I was like, 'no it isn't, but it ****ing is now, nice one.' So someone came up to me at an Ian Brown gig a few years back, and asked me, 'Sally, the girl in question, is she actually Sally Cinnamon, from the Stone Roses song?' Which I thought was ****ing brilliant. She'd obviously sat down and worked this one out, and I didn't want to spoil it for her. So I said, 'yes, it is Sally Cinnamon. Well done'. It's not really. ****ing bag of shite that, waste of an afternoon."

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Not sure if it fits, but the title song of the album currently in my avatar Let There Be Rock has the following verse The white man had the schmaltz/The black man had the blues/No one knew what they was gonna do/But Tchaikovsky had the news, which is an obvious reference to Roll Over Beethoven which has the line Roll Over Beethoven and tell Tchaikovsky the news.