• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

weldone

I know, I know. It just pissed me off is all. And it was the same goddamn fellow every time. Investment Banker. No wonder I don't get on with weldone here :disgust:
Yes, according to Chappell's diary, also known as the New Testament of Cricket, I've fixed matches with Sachin.

weldone

The thing with match fixing is, it's not really gone. 2011 World Cup. Every time I was told the result beforehand, and every time it turned out to be correct. It feels horrible when that happens. I don't know how the mofos are still doing this ****. I mean, no one today looks like as big a **** as Azhar and Jadeja.

I know this isn't going to be a popular post btw :happy:
Seriously, I think I got the same messages that you talk about from someone in my office. They didn't 'always' turn out to be 100% correct. Sometimes, the final result was correct, but minor details were incorrect....could be different messages..

social

This is interesting.

But I haven't read Chappell's diary. Has anyone on CW read it?
Issued a brief statement to say meeting never happened

ChappellG has a lot of faults but I tend to believe him on this one

I also don't believe that his brother simply walked up to Sachin and said words to the effect of "I told you so" - that looks like a clear case of lost in translation to me

My impression from the few excerpts I've seen is that the book is heavily sanitised, Sachin is a bit (ok a lot) precious and the whole thing is pretty dull really

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Greg Chappell point can go either way and its a he said / she said but it is entirely Ian Chappell's MO to have claimed some form of influence on Sachin's success after he wrote about his negative batting.

jan

Chappell: "Thank you Sachin, that was a great lunch" while thinking "Thank you Sachin, that was a great lunch."
Tendulkar: "I am glad you enjoyed it, Greg" while thinking "Oh my god, he wants me to captain the team!"

The peril of chhatting with an Indian :D

Daemon

Chappell: "Thank you Sachin, that was a great lunch" while thinking "Thank you Sachin, that was a great lunch."
Tendulkar: "I am glad you enjoyed it, Greg" while thinking "Oh my god, he wants me to captain the team!"

The peril of chhatting with an Indian :D
Thank you jan, that was a great post

Burgey

Nah, Jono's been ridiculously precious about Tendulkar in this thread. Deserves massive approbation.

Teja.

Global Moderator
In fairness, Tendulkar, like love and liberty, is one of the few things in life worth getting precious about. :wub: