• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Australian politics thread

FaaipDeOiad

Any excuse to get rid of him works for me. I think we're still far enough away from the election to do it now, but any closer would be a concern.

pasag

RTDAS
FaaipDeOiad said:
Any excuse to get rid of him works for me. I think we're still far enough away from the election to do it now, but any closer would be a concern.
Would you rather an ineffective and mentally incapable Kim Beazley, or Kevin Rudd?

Son Of Coco

Slow Love™ said:
Beazley you friggin' idiot.

Beazley gets Rove McManus mixed up with Karl Rove

Given it's not the first time this has happened, should we be worried regarding Beazley's competence? I mean, in the sense of his mental faculties, not his obvious political incompetency.
We probably should! haha Although the Howard, Downer and friends had a lot of trouble with their memories not so long ago and (to my thinking) that passed with a lot less fuss than it deserved so...maybe Kim'll be right! :happy:

Craig

World Traveller
Clapo said:
Voted for the first time in the QLD election this year. Voted Nationals, and will most likely always vote Coalition.

I can't stand Peter Beattie, all talk, does nothing for anywhere BUT Brisbane. QLD Health is a mess, and has been for the past 6/7 years. He's done nothing but talk about Water Issues, and honestly has no idea. Building the Goodwill Bridge, is about the biggest waste of money, as was upgrading Suncorp Stadium, and the current plan to build a bridge to some crappy musuem.

Why wasn't this money spent somewhere it was needed??? Eg. Health, Roads west of Ipswich which are absolutely appalling, Education, The Water Crisis.
And bankrolls a rugby league stadium on the GC when there is other things needed. I love League but at the end of the day whether or not we have anywater to drink is of greater importance IMO.

Slow Love™

Adamc said:
Worst article ever.

70-something year old ex-Nationals senator, go figure.
Just have a look at the kicking Stone gets in the comments to that piece. I don't know if anybody else has been following the Australian's "blog" experiment (where they allow comments to articles written by their opinion columnists) but I'd be kinda surprised if they don't shut down that feature pretty soon. Greg Sheriden just gets pointed at and ridiculed, as does Dennis Shanahan. Even a more respected columnist like Paul Kelly is getting bucketed (not that he doesn't deserve it, for jumping on the anti-Bush bandwagon after puckering up for years and no sign of any mea culpa).

It's been quite spectacular to watch. I thought they'd mostly be surrounded by cheering drones, like at Tim Blair's blog. I think Andrew Bolt also fares better at the Herald Sun, but he has more of an adoring fanbase, and clearly actively moderates and censors the comments he receives.

Craig

World Traveller
Saw a G20 protest in Melbourne on the news. Saw the peacefull one and the disgracefull vandalism as well. The ones going on a riot throwing object at police, smashing vehicles isn't protesting, that is just plain destruction and honestly those losers should be shipped to the middle of the country and do a day's work for once on a farm somewhere.

I have nothing against protesting, but those who did peacefull had my respect, not the ones rioting.

pasag

RTDAS
Craig said:
Saw a G20 protest in Melbourne on the news. Saw the peacefull one and the disgracefull vandalism as well. The ones going on a riot throwing object at police, smashing vehicles isn't protesting, that is just plain destruction and honestly those losers should be shipped to the middle of the country and do a day's work for once on a farm somewhere.

I have nothing against protesting, but those who did peacefull had my respect, not the ones rioting.
G20 protesters throw urine

Didn't know Fuller was in Melbourne tbh.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeh they're out of control, I'd go down and watch the show, I love a good protest - best free entertainment, but it's too hot and I cbf making popcorn.

Matteh

pasag said:
Yeh they're out of control, I'd go down and watch the show, I love a good protest - best free entertainment, but it's too hot and I cbf making popcorn.
What about 'Popz!', only take 90 seconds in the microwave...

Matt79

Global Moderator
Beazley surely killing any chance he had against Howard next year. I don't like the Rodent but at least he always gets his lines right when going for the cheap pop. Beazley's done this so many times in the last year, he must be going senile!