• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Maths Thread

aussie

Well school is opening soon & i suck at maths so if their is anyone around here who is good at maths i'd be glad for any help for the questions i'll be putting up in the coming term.

Cheers dawgs.....

aussie

twctopcat said:
If you want econometrics help i'm your man. But somehow i doubt, and hope, you wont.
well i wont be doing ecometrics since that deals with buisness subjects & i'm in science....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
twctopcat said:
Statistics for economics, its great if you like talking in mostly the greek alphabet.
Oh the great enjoyment of Nigar Hashimzade, surely the only Azerbaijani lecturer in the UK.

77 in Stats & Econometrics this year, was quite proud of that.

Anyway, any problems - I'm your man. Likely to end up as a maths teacher anyway so this'll be good practice :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Isn't Sam Vimes a fledgling maths genius too? Oh, to see two young stags locking horns on the field of mathematical combat.... :p

Don't think my "C" grade GCSE obtained in 1992 will cut much ice tho I'm afraid! :D

superkingdave

after university maths courses in 'The History of Mathematics' and 'Theory of Traffic Flow' mixed in with 'Complex Analysis' i'm staying as far away from maths as possible

steds

superkingdave said:
after university maths courses in 'The History of Mathematics' and 'Theory of Traffic Flow' mixed in with 'Complex Analysis' i'm staying as far away from maths as possible
...so you get a job collecting taxes 8-)

aussie

superkingdave said:
haha well dave i got to go throught with it until i leave highschool so i'll need all the help i can get

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i hated maths, scrapped through my gcse maths and never have to do it again, and boy am i glad.

twctopcat

Neil Pickup said:
Oh the great enjoyment of Nigar Hashimzade, surely the only Azerbaijani lecturer in the UK.

Anyway, any problems - I'm your man. Likely to end up as a maths teacher anyway so this'll be good practice :p
I did Econometric Methods in the second year, taught by Cherif Guermat, what a man!! Never really worked out the difference between the 2 but i know they should be worth double most other modules. Brilliant stuff with the 77 though, your a better man than me! You on for a first then??

Piper

Neil Pickup said:

Whats 2 + 2? :blink: