• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Value Added to Society by Idle Shareholders and Landlords

andruid

in my experience property management companies are the true villains. they exist solely to create wealth from both landlord and tenant, and will happily look for any reason to extort both while never lifting a finger to actually manage the home.

they're a little prank industry with few if any regulation or oversight.

when i take power they will all be executed without trial.
Wouldn't you rather stage farcical show trials where they plead guilty, repent their wicked ways, and demand the harshest punishment out of the 'guilt' of their consciences?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
A lot of people don't have that much time/their time is more valuable than what they are paying to the agent.
Well duh. I'm not saying they shouldn't exist, but they've made themselves more invaluable than they actually are, and have in some ways created more work to get more money than otherwise should. Also in other news, water is wet.

Exactly. You could also grow your own food.
this implies farming isn't a real job then eh

Flem274*

123/5
having a middle man would be fine if they actually did the job well but because they're completely unaccountable for their actions they don't. eventually the landlord discovers they're getting fleeced and either sells to make a profit on their nest egg or looks for a new company in the vain hope of finding competence and desire to to a good job. tenants just get sick of it and move in the again vain hope they can find a decent one, and that's only if they're in a position to move.

id be willing to bet anyone defending property managers is either one themselves (in which case i strongly reccommend either a new career or going for a stroll in a certain Japanese forest) or has never had to deal with them. they're a parasite industry in nz that has convinced everyone they're more essential than they actually are. the amount of times other people have to do their job for them is ridiculous, and they'll always come back with 'our fees/your rent is going up to cover our increasing costs, also there was a small problem we totally knew about but didn't solve so that will be an extra billion dollars please' yeah **** off.

im sure you could find the odd one with half a brain. i can think of two but hanging is too good for the majority of them.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
having a middle man would be fine if they actually did the job well but because they're completely unaccountable for their actions they don't. eventually the landlord discovers they're getting fleeced and either sells to make a profit on their nest egg or looks for a new company in the vain hope of finding competence and desire to to a good job. tenants just get sick of it and move in the again vain hope they can find a decent one, and that's only if they're in a position to move.

id be willing to bet anyone defending property managers is either one themselves (in which case i strongly reccommend either a new career or going for a stroll in a certain Japanese forest) or has never had to deal with them. they're a parasite industry in nz that has convinced everyone they're more essential than they actually are. the amount of times other people have to do their job for them is ridiculous, and they'll always come back with 'our fees/your rent is going up to cover our increasing costs, also there was a small problem we totally knew about but didn't solve so that will be an extra billion dollars please' yeah **** off.

im sure you could find the odd one with half a brain. i can think of two but hanging is too good for the majority of them.
There's a case in good ol' Dunners at the moment where a property manager tried to charge a student an extra $200 dollars because "last year was a leap year, and had an extra day"

Couldn't make this stuff up.

weldone

I know. Can't we all agree they need to be guillotined and move on?
Abolish the practices. There's no personal hatred towards the people. Don't take this towards wrong direction. The systems need change; there's no need to punish people unnecessarily.