• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm ups for World Cup

zorax

likes this
This is so not fair. Pakistan have like 20 bowlers injured/banned from bowling, yet Irfan/Sohail/Riaz/Yasir/Afridi is a better bowling attack than anything India can put out.

Xuhaib

This is so not fair. Pakistan have like 20 bowlers injured/banned from bowling, yet Irfan/Sohail/Riaz/Yasir/Afridi is a better bowling attack than anything India can put out.
nah there is not much in the 2 attacks at the moment. NZ totally smoked this attack a week abck.

Hurricane

Oh God Boult just got his 5fer. Howsie has just grown even more twisted and powerful.
On a serious note I will be surprised if howsie tries to press Boult's case on the back of a warm up match - I remember 4 years ago Neil Broom scored 80 in the warm up and didn't look the part in any of the tournament games.

Athlai

Not Terrible
On a serious note I will be surprised if howsie tries to press Boult's case on the back of a warm up match - I remember 4 years ago Neil Broom scored 80 in the warm up and didn't look the part in any of the tournament games.
I'd say the major difference there is that Neil Broom is a spud and Boult is at very worst 20% jam.

Xuhaib

thats some quality bowing from Sohail he might get the nod over Adil for the opening fixture.

Hurricane

I'd say the major difference there is that Neil Broom is a spud and Boult is at very worst 20% jam.
relative to the effort people will put in to the real games - no one is trying very hard in these matches. I would say we would have put in more of an effort into the bi lateral series vs sl and pak as they were official ODIs

smalishah84

The Tiger King
This seems like a pretty decent effort at death bowling (apart from that 15 run over from Afridi)

The only concern that I have is that these bowlers were murdered by a decent NZ batting. India too have very good batting.

The only time these bowlers were tested they were found wanting. Not sure what to read into today's performance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
relative to the effort people will put in to the real games - no one is trying very hard in these matches. I would say we would have put in more of an effort into the bi lateral series vs sl and pak as they were official ODIs
I suspect that may have been true of most minnow vs. official team games but in the dick measuring contest of SA vs. NZ I think we would've given them everything. I also think they wouldn't have enjoyed losing the wickets either.

They still have Amla to come in and a lot of games before they may face us, so they won't take it as a massive blow. But yeah, warm ups are still noteworthy. They indicate form quite well.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This seems like a pretty decent effort at death bowling (apart from that 15 run over from Afridi)

The only concern that I have is that these bowlers were murdered by a decent NZ batting. India too have very good batting.

The only time these bowlers were tested they were found wanting. Not sure what to read into today's performance.
They may enjoy the bit of extra bounce offered by the Australian pitches?

brockley

Smalishah depends if you bat Afridi at 7 or 8,or you pick 2 spinners and 2 pacemen(vs 3 pacemen and a spinner).I don't think 2 much of Sohail's bowling and Younis khan is comical.But Affers can be so awful with the bat its a lottery.

halba

thats some quality bowing from Sohail he might get the nod over Adil for the opening fixture.
eng attack is quite good(4th best in the world)
should beat pak

pak batting is not even top 5 on these pitches

Last edited: