• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm ups for World Cup

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Smalishah depends if you bat Afridi at 7 or 8,or you pick 2 spinners and 2 pacemen(vs 3 pacemen and a spinner).I don't think 2 much of Sohail's bowling and Younis khan is comical.But Affers can be so awful with the bat its a lottery.
yeah, afridi is horribly bad but our overall batting is ****e in any case no matter how many batsmen we pack into our team.

Might as well play 5 good bowlers and try to restrict the opposition to an obtainable total.

Tec15

So happy to see SA getting a proper ass whopping. WI played them recently with a vastly weakened team and yet only Amla and AB really did well. Even with this glaring dependency on Amla and AB the Saffies were all confident about their chances. Back to reality please!! Steyn is not nearly as good as he was and Philander is not the best limited overs bowler.
The thrashing of WI must have really hurt if you're taking comfort from a meaningless 15 man warm up game.
BTW, Philander is a better limited overs bowler than anyone who has debuted for the West Indies since, oh say.. 1989.

theegyptian

Reasonable workout for England here. Ballance and Hales getting a knock and all the bowlers with a chance and a tight finish. England bowling getting plenty of criticism on the radio coverage.

theegyptian

Normal kind of problems for England. Inability to take wickets in the middle due to a samey type of attack. Hard not to go through the motions in games like this with players trying to avoid injury but still would have been nice to win. Pakistan used the extra bowler/bat so it was basically 11 v 12.

Bopara continues to impress. Hales has never really batted lower than 3 afaik but I wonder whether they look at him at 6 or 7. Pretty bid adjustment for someone like Hales who isn't the smartest.

Pakistan probably better off playing the 5 bowlers based on this game and risk getting knocked over occasionally when batting for a low score.

morgieb

Interesting that there seems to be Snicko but not HotSpot for the DRS. Is Benchy now deciding how the ICC's money is spent? :p

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It actually sucks so bad we don't have an adequate Bopara replacement in the squad. Though at this rate, surely a top order bat or bowler couldn't contribute less.

Immenso

A Seiffert-like performance by Trent Boult yesterday. What is it with ND players producing 'career best' performances in games that never existed?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It actually sucks so bad we don't have an adequate Bopara replacement in the squad. Though at this rate, surely a top order bat or bowler couldn't contribute less.
I think I'd just move Moeen to six and play Hales. I'm not a huge Hales fan but I think it'd be the best option at present.

_Ed_

Interesting scorecard - West Indies 59-2 against Scotland, with Smith scoring 45 of 'em.

Beamer

Interesting scorecard - West Indies 59-2 against Scotland, with Smith scoring 45 of 'em.
Typical us tbh. Worst team in the World when it comes to the top and middle order rotating the strike. It's boundary or bust.

66/3 now, Samuels gone for a duck. Scratch worst at rotating the strike. Replace with worst at everything.

Adders

I think I'd just move Moeen to six and play Hales. I'm not a huge Hales fan but I think it'd be the best option at present.
Yeah this.

Like you I don't rate Hales that highly but if it comes to a choice between him or Bopara then it's a no brainer for me.

Jimbo the giant

Ramdin & Simmons bossing the Scots looks like WI will go fairly big. WI may be quite weak atm but I reckon they still have a good talent base if only the politics didn't ruin them so much. Still should make QF's could have been a chance of semi but i doubt it now. Gayles form is getting embarassingly bad, makes Guptill look good.

zorax

likes this
BD on route to being beaten by Ireland again. Sigh.

It's going to be a tough WC for them in these conditions.