• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warm ups for World Cup

Xuhaib

England can make all leggies look good. Yasir wasn't taht great against the bangers was he?
took 2-42 decent return for first game on the tour. We are short of wicket takers Yasir is one play him Pakistan has never been a side that chases big scores or defends big scores. Our strength has always been picking wickets pick 5 bowlers and play to your strength.

Dan

Global Moderator
Nice to see Boult making his run -- never really had a problem with him being in the squad (more a 'I want muh Henry' thing), but damn they've left it late to get ODIs under his belt.

McHesson have probably pulled it off here, but this isn't a World Cup build-up model that I'd be using for many fast bowlers tbh. Boult just that damn good that he can basically learn ODI cricket overnight.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
took 2-42 decent return for first game on the tour. We are short of wicket takers Yasir is one play him Pakistan has never been a side that chases big scores or defends big scores. Our strength has always been picking wickets pick 5 bowlers and play to your strength.
That's true though. We do seriously lack wicket takers in this squad which has traditionally been our strength.

zorax

likes this
Yasir, Irfan, Afridi and Riaz isn't a bad bowling attack at all.

Pak just need a decent 5th bowling option who can bat. They'll probably go with 10 rubbish overs from Haris Sohail, Younis, and maybe Shoaib Maqsood if he gets into the starting XI.

HeathDavisSpeed

Thinking of putting a Howsie mixtape together. This is what I've got so far:

Ol' Man River - Paul Robison
Last Train to Trancentral - KLF
Groovy Train - The Farm
Pretty in Park - Psychedelic Furs
Life in a Northern [Districts] Town - Dream Academy
something from the album The Fool of Fountain City by Dynamo Go (features Albi's dad somewhere, I believe)
Hamilton - Chris Thompson

Any suggestions considered.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
Pakistan shouldn't go with 4 bowlers only though. Batting is rubbish in any case. With only 4 bowlers even the bowling becomes rubbish.

Xuhaib

important spell for Sohail khan he has been picked for his reverse in the death overs knocking Butler over is a good start.

Ilovecric

So happy to see SA getting a proper ass whopping. WI played them recently with a vastly weakened team and yet only Amla and AB really did well. Even with this glaring dependency on Amla and AB the Saffies were all confident about their chances. Back to reality please!! Steyn is not nearly as good as he was and Philander is not the best limited overs bowler.

HeathDavisSpeed

Danny Morrison has clearly been involved in the captioning. Joe Root's third favourite shot today is the "Padddle Sweep"

Just have to jazz things up a bit, don't you?

jonbrooks

Well that was unexpected. Both SL and SA got caned by the lesser favoured team. Can this form continue in the actual games?

zorax

likes this
hahahah GG zimbabwe.

Sena has been pretty poor in both warmups going off his figures. Experimenting I suppose?