• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you thinking right now?

Burgey

I enjoy my frustrating niche hobby... so overall happy. One of the most wonderful things about it, is its continued existence does not require any form of belief from others.
These are the words of every organised cult and religious leader itbt.

Burgey

Oh look, a solution architect has chimed in.

And typically failed to in any way appropriately respond to the issue he thinks he's answering.

Last edited:

StephenZA

These are the words of every organised cult and religious leader itbt.
Fundamental disagreement here, cults and religions require belief to exist. The physical universe requires no such belief, however important we humans think we are.

What the **** is 'itbt' ?

Burgey

Your niche hobby absolutely requires your belief for it to continue. As much as any other interest or belief system does. If you don't believe in it, you won't do it.

*If Truth Be Told

As in "If truth be told, physics is pretty much all done and has become a niche hobby."

zorax

likes this
can't believe Allan Border bred this generation of sensitive aussie boomers tbh

imagine getting offended by the pure sciences. geez.

Flem274*

123/5
i don't know if you go online much zorax but people are more offended by science than they have been since galileo.

measles is back ffs

cpr

In law you have the ability to express yourself and make decisions which effect people in new and insightful ways.

As for the accounting thing, I mean come on. We aren't seriously going to have a discussion suggesting it's an exciting profession are we? In any event, getting to 2+2=5 is purely the misapplication of the same theory, not doing anything new or exciting. it's done.

I don't see why my hefty amount of taxpayer's money should be put towards funding research into this tosh tbh.

Except for that **** with the subatomic particles and the LHC. That **** seems all right, even if it has no application to the real world at all.
I'm saddened you think so little of me.

Honestly one of the few joys I get in this job is making the accountant squirm. She has absolutely no people skills, just sees everything as an equation where she must be right. Getting her to admit when she's ****ed up is glorious, as it usually comes because she's come out to have a go at you for no reason. Got her over the barrel ATM because she falsly accused me of failing to file something and stating we've got a fine from the tax man (we haven't), all because she's forgot I did do it and she'd lost her receipt for filing (a quick check of her emails from last month would've shown it). A decent accountant wouldn't wait to let us know about a potential filing penalty until 3 weeks after a deadline ffs.

StephenZA

Your niche hobby absolutely requires your belief for it to continue. As much as any other interest or belief system does. If you don't believe in it, you won't do it.

*If Truth Be Told

As in "If truth be told, physics is pretty much all done and has become a niche hobby."
I do it not because I believe in it but because I find it interesting and want to understand it... its existence neither requires my belief nor my understanding. I am just given an opportunity to try understand a very small portion of it.

The physical universe will continue on (at least on any relevant time scale to us) even when the world and humans cease to exist. Happily all other human stupid social constructs, especially legal crap, will also cease to exists.

Nathan_2.jpg

Burgey

CPR provides yet another example of the dangers of dealing with the maths-head.

Last edited:

Burgey

I do it not because I believe in it but because I find it interesting and want to understand it... its existence neither requires my belief nor my understanding. I am just given an opportunity to try understand a very small portion of it.

The physical universe will continue on (at least on any relevant time scale to us) even when the world and humans cease to exist. Happily all other human stupid social constructs, especially legal crap, will also cease to exists.

View attachment 24997
No but I’m talking about your hobby. Naturally the physical world will go on, but unless you believe or have an interest in it, then your hobby ceases to exist.

It’s like in the old musical Annie - the sun will come up tomorrow. And it’ll come up whether I give a flying **** about it or not. But my solar fetish depends entirely on whether or not I have enough interest in it

cpr

At uni I dated a girl who worked as a recruitment consultant for out of work accountants. Apparently if there's anyone duller than an accountant, it's an accountant with a story to constantly repeat of how life's **** on them.

Man that was one relationship where being charismatic and engaging was an absolute gimmie.