• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What Avatar shall I Choose for Agent Nationaux?

Howe_zat

Bit contextual, but this:

PS. OLX is like eBay in India, far less sophisticated version of it though.
Don't wanna sound like Dave Warner but if you post stuff like this on an english-language forum I think it's only fair to translate it for the rest of us.

Makes the mods' job easier too.

ankitj

I would have translated if it was straightforward statement rather than contextual joke. Anyway, translation is:

Pakistan wont be able to do it [1]. Sell the fireworks on OLX [2]

[1] is funny because it is based on a dialogue from Indian film that became popular
[2] is funny because OLX has the punchline "OLX pe bech de" which means "sell it on OLX
Finally, the pic is funny because it is a still from an ad by star sports which trolls Pakistan for their winless record against India in world cups: http://youtu.be/Za4qBpSQb9A

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't wanna sound like Dave Warner but if you post stuff like this on an english-language forum I think it's only fair to translate it for the rest of us.

Makes the mods' job easier too.
Yeah, this. The rules are pretty clear that everything has to be in English. I realise this isn't always practical with memes and the like so as long as you provide a translation then it's fine.. but if you don't then I'll have to get the hammer out, and that sucks when it's innocent like I presume this is.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah, this. The rules are pretty clear that everything has to be in English. I realise this isn't always practical with memes and the like so as long as you provide a translation then it's fine.. but if you don't then I'll have to get the hammer out, and that sucks when it's innocent like I presume this is.
lel is that you, Towns? Get a grip of yourself.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lel is that you, Towns? Get a grip of yourself.
The reason it's a rule is because we don't have mods for every language. Someone could call a member an absolute ****ing **** in a post and we'd have no idea what it said. If I were Towns I'd just follow the rules to the letter and start giving out bans every time someone used a non-English word within taking context, history or intention into account at all.

Howe_zat

I would have translated if it was straightforward statement rather than contextual joke. Anyway, translation is:

Pakistan wont be able to do it [1]. Sell the fireworks on OLX [2]

[1] is funny because it is based on a dialogue from Indian film that became popular
[2] is funny because OLX has the punchline "OLX pe bech de" which means "sell it on OLX
Finally, the pic is funny because it is a still from an ad by star sports which trolls Pakistan for their winless record against India in world cups: http://youtu.be/Za4qBpSQb9A
you're right, that probably wasn't worth it