• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What do you think of Virat Kohli?

Kirkut

He will have to solve his wide outside off stump issues for that.
Don't see that happening too soon. Ricky Ponting too had off stump awareness issues, Flintoff in 2005 and Sharma at Perth had shown that, this weakness kind of persisted throughout his career. Most aggressive test batsmen have this issue.

Last edited:

weldone

Yeah, good point Joe. Was at a talk show yesterday. Kallis made the point that he couldn't play like many modern day players do. When they started off, 200 was a par score, he said. It's not just the bats which make the modern players. The shots and batting in general has evolved a lot in 15-20 years.
Ya Dravid also said in an interview that Rahane has more shots than him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't see that happening too soon. Ricky Ponting too had off stump awareness issues, Flintoff in 2005 and Sharma at Perth had shown that, this weakness kind of persisted throughout his career. Most aggressive test batsmen have this issue.
More than awareness issue, his issue is he reaches for balls way outside off as he already has a terrific reach as a batsman. Bowlers are using this and bowling it just a bit wider which makes it tough. It's an issue difficult to solve with so much t20 etc going on all the time. He does need to solve it though for sure.

ankitj

Stop this IPL **** right away and plan a test series. Kohli's been super hot (going just by scorecard, not seen any game in IPL)

Last edited:

vcs

I'm starting to think I should have gone to one of the games just to catch this amazing bloke (and AB!) in action, despite my distaste for IPL and unwillingness to give them my money. Hopefully they schedule another Test match in Bangalore soon, the one last year got rained out.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Same buddy. I love watching any cricket on the ground including IPL. The weather sucks though usually during this time which is why I avoid most matches.

Coronis

4 test tons in Australia in 2014/15. Probably more tons than England scored in that ****** Ashes series tbh
One series does not a test player make. Its not like everyone was scoring centuries that series either.