• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who needs to come in at Sydney?

Which player most needs to play the 5th Test?

• Total voters

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ftr, and as I have said since before the series started - Clarke, Johnson, Hilfenhaus out, O'Keefe, Copeland and Marsh in.

Spark

Global Moderator
Would you have dropped Clarke for just the one test though? If not, a bit strange.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'm not sure I follow. Clarke's technical errors have been creeping back into his game over the last year. I would have dropped him when I spotted them, or when I noticed that there was no improvement on them.

iamdavid

Voted Dussey. He knows these bowlers well, especially Swann, which could be very beneficial for Aussie in Sydney.
Batting Dussey at 6 while the series was alive would've been very logical, sadly logic doesn't seem to hold much sway at the moment. Who knows, maybe if we'd had Dussey coming in at four down on the first morning in Adelaide or Melbourne instead of North or Smith things would've panned out differently. The funny thing is I'm sure even North and Smith's mothers don't think they're better batsman than David Hussey at the moment, I'm sure the selectors know Hussey's a better batsman too, yet through some confused thought process they backed these two in the middle order ahead of him for our most important campaign in years.