• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will you support in the upcoming Ashes and why?

Who will you be supporting this Ashes?

• Total voters

harsh.ag

Damn.. I had to check if I was in the right thread for a second there :happy:

90s children are the ones stuck in between, awful time to be born. Never saw the best of Lara, Tendulkar, Waugh brothers, Curtly, Donald, Wasim, Waqar and Walsh (not to mention Athers and Russell). Plus they don't know **** about modern computing like the 00s children, and are not nostalgic like the earlier generations who don't mind being computer/internet handicapped.

On the topic, I support the Aussies. Never liked the English. I don't know why. Actually, I do know. F***ers are too stiff. Pietersen can be awesome though. Flintoff was fantastic, so much of a good sport. From what I have heard, Trueman is someone I would have really liked. If Pietersen plays, they have a good chance of winning. Otherwise, I am backing Aussies, though it will be very tight.

LongHopCassidy

I'd just like a good, close series, preferably a 2-1, 2-2 or 3-2 scoreline decided at the Oval with the odd nerve-shredding draw.

Being set 600 to win in 2 days just makes me yawn, even if we're doing It.

Last edited:

jan

I'd just like a good, close series, preferably a 2-1, 2-2 or 3-2 scoreline decided at the Oval with the odd nerve-shredding draw.

Being set 600 to win in 2 days just makes me yawn, even if we're doing It.
Seconded. Whoever wins I want to see blood, toil, tears and sweat!

I saw 2009 Ashes from dvd, watched a few hours of the last Ashes live so Im really looking forward to watching this year's double properly..."properly" doesnt include high resolution big screen cricket :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hating on our team because of our media sux, and it's not like all of the press even go in for the chest-beating.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Must be getting near the time for the Ashes subbie to be created anyway.

And you can bloody well leave it open for the rest of the year and then some :p

Dan

Global Moderator
Damn.. I had to check if I was in the right thread for a second there :happy:

90s children are the ones stuck in between, awful time to be born. Never saw the best of Lara, Tendulkar, Waugh brothers, Curtly, Donald, Wasim, Waqar and Walsh (not to mention Athers and Russell). Plus they don't know **** about modern computing like the 00s children, and are not nostalgic like the earlier generations who don't mind being computer/internet handicapped.
1995 kid here. While I did miss most of the best of those guys (in some cases all of it), I've been able to see the twilight of Steve Waugh's career (inc. the 'Perfect Day'), watch Ricky Ponting dominate all and sundry for the better part of half a decade, witness Freddy Flintoff's Ashes heroics, see Glenn McGrath make a Test fifty, and witnessed the rise of players like Clarke, de Villiers and Pietersen with the bat alongside Steyn, Pattinson and Anderson with the ball.

I saw Shane Warne's 700th wicket, Glenn McGrath's last Test and the short-lived international career of Mal Loye. Adam Gilchrist hitting a 57 ball century and Michael Hussey hitting a cover drive to win the impossible in Adelaide.

I'm never going to complain about the era I've grown up with in cricket, it's been fantastic.

And I can use technology with the best of these younger kids. The 13 year olds have the ability, they just don't have the brain.

Although admittedly I do with I could have witnessed all the cricket to have come before, but because I can't get enough of the game more so than disliking this era.

Daemon

Yeah, I'm born in 93. Late 80s and early 90s kids are quite obviously the point where humanity reached a high point on the evolution scale. It's only a downward spiral from now on.

HeathDavisSpeed

Supporting Cook and Siddle.

And then Reece Topley for the bolter call-up. :ph34r:

Might still be a bit soon for him. Can't see any other Essex players being in the frame.