• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would you have upheld the appeal?

Would you have upheld the appeal?

• Total voters

NasserFan207

Would you have ignored Strauss and Flower and upheld the appeal? I'm sure the general team feeling comes into play as well, since Dhoni reportedly asked his players.

Personally, I'd have upheld it since I'm of the opinion that you take wickets anyway you can.

Its important to look at this objectively btw, Indian supporters should imagine if it was Sachin in the 90s for example.

Last edited:

Cevno

Yes because Bell would have claimed the 4th run had Morgan ran and completed it and because i am not sure many other captains would reciprocate the gesture.
No use being the nice guy if you are not sure that would be repaid as Shastri says. And it would have been a lesson for batsman to not be caught sleeping like Atherton said.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes because Bell would have claimed the 4th run had Morgan ran and completed it and because i am not sure many other captains would reciprocate the gesture.
No use being the nice guy if you are not sure that would be repaid as Shastri says. And it would have been a lesson for batsman to not be caught sleeping like Atherton said.
Absolute rubbish. You're being completely dishonest if you're claiming Bell was looking for a run.

flibbertyjibber

No. I'd not have appealed in the first place.
This.

Having said that I don't think India were wrong to have appealed in the first place, still not sure the right outcome has come about but whatever we think it looks like the Dhoni decison could well hand England a 2-0 lead.

Cevno

Absolute rubbish. You're being completely dishonest if you're claiming Bell was looking for a run.
He takes a turn, Then quickens his speed up looking at the ball/fielder and Morgan to see why he is not running before slowing up again.

Why would he do that if he was not running? Just a simple answer please.

You are being dishonest if you think he would not have claimed a 4th if Morgan had run and reached the other end, in fact it would have to be awarded to them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He takes turn. Then quickens his speed up looking at the ball/fielder and Morgan to see why he is not running before slowing up again.

Why would he do that if he was not running? Just a simple answer please.

You are being dishonest if you think he would not have claimed a 4th if Morgan had run and reached the other end, in fact it would have to be awarded to them.
The reason he's turned is because the pavilion is in that direction and Bell thinks it's tea.

Cevno

The reason he's turned is because the pavilion is in that direction and Bell thinks it's tea.

I asked why he quickens his speed up looking at the fielder constantly and Morgan before ultimately slowing it?

And don't tell me he was looking at the fielder and quickening his speed because he was hungry for biscuits at tea.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I asked why he quickens his speed up looking at the fielder constantly and Morgan before ultimately slowing it?

And don't tell me he was looking at the fielder and quickening his speed because he was hungry for biscuits at tea.
Unbelievable.

ankitj

Wouldn't trust the votes on this poll. Everyone has the actors in mind and that biases the votes.

Jacknife

Sky have just showed a replay of just Kumar at the time and when you watch his actions, you can see why the batsmen thought it was a 4, he goes to stop the ball and rolls over the boundary and just lays there for 10-15 seconds, before gently getting up walking to the ball and gently tossing it in, like what fielders do when it is a boundary.
Bell should have made sure the ball was dead but you can see why the events went down the way they did.

Xuhaib

thankfully saner heads prevailed and the right thing happened Dhoni has come out of this with massive respect.

Agent Nationaux

Carelessness should be punished because this isn't street cricket, but instead an international test series, which will determine no.1 ranking. Everyone made fun of Zak for being unfit due to his nonchalant attitude towards this series, so why are people letting Bell of the hook.

Cevno

Sky have just showed a replay of just Kumar at the time and when you watch his actions, you can see why the batsmen thought it was a 4, he goes to stop the ball and rolls over the boundary and just lays there for 10-15 seconds, before gently getting up walking to the ball and gently tossing it in, like what fielders do when it is a boundary.
Bell should have made sure the ball was dead but you can see why the events went down the way they did.
Yeah Praveen's reaction made it look like it was 4 but he had not signalled it. And tbf to him,don't think he was acting but he had no idea where the ball was and whether it stayed in or out.

Akram, Atherton, Shastri, Gavaskar all ex-captains saying they wouldn't have called him back. That's the only big gripe i have with the decision.

It's all good and dandy that Dhoni was upholding the spirit and all, but how many captains would reciprocate that?
Being the nice guy may get you the applause right now, but others would be more ruthless and take advantage of that and not have any remorse about it.