• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

Matt79 said:
But at least the chicks at uni are predominantly over 18 - its just wrong on a kid.

Also, they should only make hipsters up to a certain size.
So true.

Matteh

Langeveldt said:
I don't even know what hipsters are.. Are they some kind of Uni student fantasy?

Uni students = Scummers, until February 2007
Low cut jeans that just about balance on girl's hips rather than falling down.

Johnners

C_C said:
Poor drivers.
Agreed..... nothing makes me as mad as people who cannot use roundabouts. The idea is NOT to wait until the roundabout is clear from here to the next freaking city :@

People who beleive it's their god given right to sue someone for an action that was wrong by themselves in the first place. Eg. Just recently a tomato processing plant owner was sued an excessive amount of money by the cleaners because their 7/8 y/o daughter, who shouldn'tve been in there in the 1st place, got caught on a peice of equipment and it put her in hospital.

Matteh

Clapo said:
Agreed..... nothing makes me as mad as people who cannot use roundabouts. The idea is NOT to wait until the roundabout is clear from here to the next freaking city :@
It's even worse on a bike, the amount of people that don't use their indicators and just seem to ignore cyclists is massive.

Mr Casson

Clapo said:
People who beleive it's their god given right to sue someone for an action that was wrong by themselves in the first place. Eg. Just recently a tomato processing plant owner was sued an excessive amount of money by the cleaners because their 7/8 y/o daughter, who shouldn'tve been in there in the 1st place, got caught on a peice of equipment and it put her in hospital.
Yeah that kind of thing is honestly just insane, no question. Sick of all this blame that gets thrown around these days. Nobody wants to be responsible for anything, and those that would have the guts to admit responsibility can't afford to because as soon as you say sorry you can be hung from your garters and crucified like American Pie when Madonna covered it.

It reminds me of that nefarious tumult a few years back with people wanting John Howard to personally apologise for the Stolen Generation, which is absolutely ridiculous seeing as he wasn't even alive when it started. And naturally Howard can't apologise anyway because if he did he would be sued into oblivion for something he and the current government are completely innocent of. Now how can you hold someone responsible now for something you didn't do and had no control over, just because 'someone' should be held accountable? ****ing well get over it and accept that you got wronged and take it with a grain of salt and shut up. There's no use ruining someone else's life for it.

Litigious society < Hing.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Clapo said:
Yeah but if you could get the money you would.. its the laws fault, not the people who exploit the stupid litigation laws

Langeveldt

Soutie
Whats with the Simpsons getting all seedy? Seems like they have run out of available humour in their new episodes, and its basically an animated version of Sex in the City with yellow people instead of Kristin

Mr Casson

Langeveldt said:
Yeah but if you could get the money you would.. its the laws fault, not the people who exploit the stupid litigation laws
Complete trash - if you sue someone just because the law allows you to, even when you know they've done nothing wrong, you are garbage as a human being, no joke. I think if we can reach an agreement in cricket that you don't run overthrows when you deflect the ball, then you can agree not to file a lawsuit against someone because their pavement made you fall over and graze your knee. Guaranteed you would change your opinion pretty damn quickly if at that coffee place you worked at, you served someone a hot macchiato, they spilled it all over themselves and they then sued your balls off for it.

Or would you still forgive them?

Matteh

Langeveldt said:
Whats with the Simpsons getting all seedy? Seems like they have run out of available humour in their new episodes, and its basically an animated version of Sex in the City with yellow people instead of Kristin
It peaked about 5 years ago. They'll release the movie and then it'll die a death.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Casson said:
Complete trash - if you sue someone just because the law allows you to, even when you know they've done nothing wrong, you are garbage as a human being, no joke. I think if we can reach an agreement in cricket that you don't run overthrows when you deflect the ball, then you can agree not to file a lawsuit against someone because their pavement made you fall over and graze your knee. Guaranteed you would change your opinion pretty damn quickly if at that coffee place you worked at, you served someone a hot macchiato, they spilled it all over themselves and they then sued your balls off for it.

Or would you still forgive them?
They wouldnt be suing me they'd be suing Costa.. I'm sure 99% of people if offered 10,000 dollars on burning themselves would take it.. The law is an absolute joke, the people just exploit it..

Mr Casson

Langeveldt said:
They wouldnt be suing me they'd be suing Costa.. I'm sure 99% of people if offered 10,000 dollars on burning themselves would take it.. The law is an absolute joke, the people just exploit it..
You get the picture and I'm sure you understand how vulnerable you are. The law isn't a joke because it really only requires you to prove that someone was responsible for the crime as far as I know, and today that's too easy to do. Honestly, what if in ten years someone breaks their leg walking up your front stairs, gets a doctor to tell them they'll never walk again and does you for a million pounds? Would you not feel like that person is scummier than toe-cheese?

Mister Wright

Clapo said:
This is funny! :laugh: A Ford fan critisising drivers. Wonders will never cease. :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Casson said:
You get the picture and I'm sure you understand how vulnerable you are. The law isn't a joke because it really only requires you to prove that someone was responsible for the crime as far as I know, and today that's too easy to do. Honestly, what if in ten years someone breaks their leg walking up your front stairs, gets a doctor to tell them they'll never walk again and does you for a million pounds? Would you not feel like that person is scummier than toe-cheese?
I would hate them for it, but I'd think the law and the people that allow these kinds of things to get put through were 10X worse.. I wouldnt blame the person, who for all intents and purposes has just acquired a million pounds totally legally..

Status
Not open for further replies.