• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my gears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Casson

Langeveldt said:
I would hate them for it, but I'd think the law and the people that allow these kinds of things to get put through were 10X worse.. I wouldnt blame the person, who for all intents and purposes has just acquired a million pounds totally legally..
Would you do it to someone? It might be 'legal' but it doesn't make it right, nor any less shameful.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Mr Casson said:
Would you do it to someone? It might be 'legal' but it doesn't make it right, nor any less shameful.
Not sure, depends on how much was in it for me and whether I was doing it to a wealthy coorperation or a poor individual

Johnners

Langeveldt said:
Yeah but if you could get the money you would.. its the laws fault, not the people who exploit the stupid litigation laws
Yes the laws are at fault, but the people who exploit them are trash for doing so. As Casson said, no-one takes responsibility for their own actions these days, and it's appalling, they're always looking for someone else to blame.

Another incident that springs to mind is the deadhead who injured his neck by diving into the shallow end of some bloke's private pool, during the middle of the night whilst drunk. He won the court case and got some ridiculous amount of money because the pool owner didn't have a sign that says caution shallow water.

Money isn't always the object, repuatation, morals come before money imo. It's your own stupid fault, get the hell over it and get a life i say.

Johnners

Langeveldt said:
Not sure, depends on how much was in it for me and whether I was doing it to a wealthy coorperation or a poor individual
That shouldn't make a scrap of difference who the company/individual in question is. You should take responsibility for your own actions instead of passing the buck onto someone else. Instead of sueing them for all they've got, and try and get into the easy money, wouldn't it feel much more satisfying to build a business/earn a living yourself through hard work instead?

Mr Casson

Langeveldt said:
You're a pretty smart guy, so I'm pretty shocked that you could be so naïve, degenerate and unworldly. Total utter rubbish to suggest that if through your own clumsiness or fault otherwise you disadvantage yourself, then victimising another party is acceptable just because the law allows you to. If that's not an embodiment of how selfish and grabby the world is at the moment then I'm not sure what is to be totally honest.

It's because some people can exhibit no restraint that they set atrocious precedents which pervade into civil society and become the norm rather than the exception. In a world where good people are becoming worth their weight in gold, you've just become worth about as much as a steaming dollop of poo.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Agree with every word Casson has said. And, although I`m scared, it feels kind of... good?

Johnners

Mister Wright said:
This is funny! :laugh: A Ford fan critisising drivers. Wonders will never cease. :p
ohhhhhhhhhhh thems fighting words Wrigth :dry:

Considering Who won bathurst?? and who won Sandown? and which manufacturer has won 6 of 9 rounds this year ?? Add to that Three Championship victories in a row?? hehe... i'll stop now, i think my points been made clear... Fords are l337 :cool:

BTW... Casson you got it in 1 :thumbsup:

Matteh

Clapo said:
ohhhhhhhhhhh thems fighting words Wrigth :dry:

Considering Who won bathurst?? and who won Sandown? and which manufacturer has won 6 of 9 rounds this year ?? Add to that Three Championship victories in a row?? hehe... i'll stop now, i think my points been made clear... Fords are l337 :cool:

BTW... Casson you got it in 1 :thumbsup:
The Ford Mondeo was released into the market with a defect that meant a large percentage of them veered off to the left. :p

Johnners

pffffffffft.... European's obviously don't know how to make cars.. :p come to Australia if you want a real Ford :)

Johnners

yeah the yanks have them as well... but nothing could come even remotely close to what us Aussies build :p :ph34r: :dry:

Craig

World Traveller
Clapo said:
Agreed..... nothing makes me as mad as people who cannot use roundabouts. The idea is NOT to wait until the roundabout is clear from here to the next freaking city :@
Agreed as well. Quite a few times recently I've had a few near run ins with cars when riding the bike to work, as I'm around the roundabout and exiting, a car approaches but doesn't slow down completely and the driving thinking he can out run me, unless until he realises it that he has to stop and let me go. Seriously I would have passes and gone by in less then 10 seconds, surely they could wait for that when considering if it was a car they would stop.

People underestimate how fast I can/could actually be going. Probably Mitchell has had similar experiences with idiotic drivers.

Clapo said:
People who beleive it's their god given right to sue someone for an action that was wrong by themselves in the first place. Eg. Just recently a tomato processing plant owner was sued an excessive amount of money by the cleaners because their 7/8 y/o daughter, who shouldn'tve been in there in the 1st place, got caught on a peice of equipment and it put her in hospital.
Or those who sue tobacco companies for making them to start smoking. Hey idiots you decided to put it in your mouth and started smoking it, it was your choice and you should pay for it. And pay for your own health care as well. As 'light' cigerettes and people who think they are 'light', what makes you think that by putting aname on a label makes it say what it is and saying it is 'light' it suddenly has less tar and therefore more healthier :laugh:

Mr Casson

Craig said:
Or those who sue tobacco companies for making them to start smoking. Hey idiots you decided to put it in your mouth and started smoking it, it was your choice and you should pay for it. And pay for your own health care as well. As 'light' cigerettes and people who think they are 'light', what makes you think that by putting aname on a label makes it say what it is and saying it is 'light' it suddenly has less tar and therefore more healthier :laugh:
Too right, toxic is toxic - it's not like the tobacco companies are saying you'll live to a hundred and be disease free if you only chuff lights. Lights just have less nicotine is all, so most people end up smoking twice as many to get the same nicotine high as they would otherwise.

Craig

World Traveller
Clapo said:
Yes the laws are at fault, but the people who exploit them are trash for doing so. As Casson said, no-one takes responsibility for their own actions these days, and it's appalling, they're always looking for someone else to blame.

Another incident that springs to mind is the deadhead who injured his neck by diving into the shallow end of some bloke's private pool, during the middle of the night whilst drunk. He won the court case and got some ridiculous amount of money because the pool owner didn't have a sign that says caution shallow water.

Money isn't always the object, repuatation, morals come before money imo. It's your own stupid fault, get the hell over it and get a life i say.
WHy wasn't the guy charged with trespassing instead? It seem's perfectly alright to break the law and get away with it. WHoever said crime doesn't pay is as thick as the Rock of Gibraltor.

Johnners

They dismissed the argument that he was trespassing... pretty much giving him a free run at getting every last dollar possible out of the poor bloke who owned the pool for his obvious stupidity...

IMO your no longer innocent until proven guilty, it seems exactly the opposite nowadays, where someone can claim just about anything against you and you have to fork out the dollars to prove it's not true. Such a shame as it's these sort of people the ruin the country for the rest of us.

C_C

Everytime i come across these really ****-poor drivers who stop and make a big fuss going about a 10 feet roundabout at the back of a park with everything in sights clear, i really wish i could take them and 'zap' them right in the middle of a 4 lane roundabout in the middle east.
Deal with that. Now you know how badly and utterly your roundabout skills suck.
Now step away from the vehicle and take a goddamn bus.
Gah!

Status
Not open for further replies.