• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your first CW post

Maximas

Mine was a shocker whilst talking about the Salmon Butt saga, the bolded still makes me cringe, although Butt did play some good innings' in Australia, which was my only chance to see him play.

While he did a terrible thing, I secretly hope he plays again, he was a great player
dig up your own and show the world who you really were when you first arrived

Dan

Global Moderator
Mine's some dire thing asking if a random ODI between India and Bangladesh was rained off. It was a new thread too.
And this is why you don't let a 13-year-old moron on the internet.

Everything I posted before 2010 is just plain embarrassing, and everything since isn't much better.

HeathDavisSpeed

Bloody good player. Him and Ross Taylor are the most talented batsmen the Kiwis have had since Martin Crowe.

Many a day I've whiled away watching Jesse down the Basin, knocking bowlers about for fun. Didn't have the greatest of seasons this year. It looked as if he'd added at least 3 chins and two pneumatic tyres to his frame since last season.

Also, his bowling 'dibbly-dobblies' shouldn't really see him classified as an all-rounder. He'd never get picked for his bowling, and should really concentrate on losing some weight, laying off the sauce and scoring runs.

I think when I was playing against Naenae this year (on about the 7th pitch or so), he clattered a boundary that reached us from the number one pitch. Seriously big hitting (from a seriously big man)
T'was a post about Jesse Ryder thinking about playing for Ireland from way back in May 2007. Not much has really changed since then. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, perhaps?

ajdude

Put it in ascending order, muppet.
what's your first post? "lol hahaha rofl :D :D"? ****

You stole my frigging idea TumTum.

2009/10 - 15 matches, 53 wickets at 15.9, econ of 2.2
2008/09 - 16 matches, 28 wickets at 19.3, econ of 2.5
2007/08 - 14 matches, 39 wickets at 13.1, econ of 2.6
2006/07 - 19 matches, 43 wickets at 20.4, econ of 3.2

Beer's stats in Premier League cricket over the last four seasons, solid. I wouldn't write him off just yet..
bagged tumtum and promoted supreme overlord michael beer in my first post, i win

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

There's already a thread for this :sleep:

(No wonder I can't get any of my threads over a hundred, you idea-stealing bastards!)

Spikey

i wager my first post here was a short but serious post relating to NSW. thank god i ditched the capital letters and started trying to turn everything into a joke

Daemon

Click on the 'search multiple content types' tab then click on the 'search single content type' tab. When I do that all the other options like show results as posts etc reappear.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
On whether Flintoff should be selected for the 2nd Test vs South Africa in 2008:

If Flintoff has to come in, it must surely be at the expense of a batsman.

This bowling unit has done well against New Zealand, and given the lack of wickets which fell on days 1, 2, 4 and 5, put in a phenomenal effort to dismiss South Africa on day 3. Not one of the 4 incumbent bowlers deserves dropping.

However, it could reasonably be argued that they need an extra bowler, just to provide that extra something, in which case, Collingwood must be the one to miss out. Granted, he got a poor decision, but he's been in rotten form for England for over 12 months now, and his Durham form this season has hardly been sparkling.

Agent Nationaux

My first post doesn't count since it was an intro post in the Introduce Yourself thread.

My second post:

After watching the recent test series and especially this one day game I had a few issues with the Pakistani team and was hoping to discuss them.

1. How come New Zealand were able to swing the new ball, whereas the Pakistani bowlers failed (despite Tanveer having a decent seam). Was it because of the nature of the pitch or because they are simply incompetent. The recent batch of Pakistani players have the mentality that reverse swing is the only skill that a bowler needs and so they don't pay attention to their seam position (Gul, Wahab) and so are only good at the death. :no:

2. I have noticed that the main reason why Pakistani batsmen collapse is because they can't play the moving ball. This was the problem they had when facing Anderson in England and now Southee in New Zealand. In that case how is the new ball supposed to be played. A commentator mentioned that the batsmen need to get behind the ball so that they don't edge it to the slip or keeper. Is this true or are their any other factors involved. If it is true then why can't these morons learn to improve their positions when playing the new ball. Is it really that difficult to learn?

3. Another problem I had with some of the Pakistani players was that they can't rotate the strike (Azhar Ali, Misbah, Shafiq). Again how should they improve on this, do they need a batting coach or at this level they should already know how to get the singles and twos. Younis was the only one who was rotating the strike throughout his time at the crease.

4. What is the point of having Waqar as a coach when he can't teach the players how to swing the new ball despite being one of the greats (Gul has been in the team for so long and still he hasn't learnt how to do this yet). Wahab could be a very dangerous bowler if he could swing the ball into the right handers. It seems Waqar hasn't taught him this trick yet.

At the moment that's all that I can think of right now, but I hope someone is able to reply on some of these issues. Thanks :)

morgieb

Everything I posted before 2010 a 10 year old would be ashamed of. I don't wanna bump it up.....