• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your worst gaffes

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I would say most of my gaffes have a good shout at being my "worst" tbh. It's a very competitive field.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
will have a think

One that immediately springs to mind is telling some bloke on the phone that he had the grades to get a place at the Uni I was working at, only to then realise I had cocked up the maths, and had to then say "oh actually, you don't have a place after all"....

That was pretty cringey

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The other day was speaking to a colleague on Google Hangouts, didn't tell her that a student had also joined the call, and she didn't notice

Started talking about how she used to get an ex of hers to dress up as a nazi and whip her

bit awkward

trundler

The other day was speaking to a colleague on Google Hangouts, didn't tell her that a student had also joined the call, and she didn't notice

Started talking about how she used to get an ex of hers to dress up as a nazi and whip her

bit awkward
The second hand cringe I got from this was soul shaking

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The same colleague I sent a fake love letter from a colleague she thinks is a ****

Thought she would see it for the obvious fake it was, forgot about it for a few days

Got a call from her in a panic, raving about this ****ing note, asking where it came from

Turns out she actually went to the "fake" author of the letter and confronted them about it

Fake author obviously was like "wtf is this"

fml that was bad

trundler

I'm beginning to think the crazy magnet thing isn't entirely coincidental. Why tf would you do that

trundler

I feel a lot better about my relatively minor degree of social ineptitude. Thanks.

There was however that one time when after a female friend said that she physically couldn't hit someone I suggested I'd have no qualms with striking her. Pretty awkward minute, that one.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I work in an open plan office. We have two banks of seats where the public sit waiting to be called to interviews that are back-to-back and have a semi-transparent gauze screen divider between them. The gauze has pictures on it, so sometimes it's hard to see if someone is sitting on the bank with their back to the desk where I sit.

Anyhoo, whoever was due in to see me had stood me up and I was mildly bored so I asked Steve, the chap who has the misfortune to have the desk next to mine & at the time was fairly new to the job, who he had in next.

He said Miss X, who's somewhat notorious locally for having 12 children by the age of 36.

Thinking the office was public free, I said quite loudly,

"Ah, you know she has 12 kids, right? I bet the last couple had to hang on to stay in there."

He then flashes me a WTF? look and calls her over.

She'd been on the other side of the screen, slightly slouched on the sofa. :-O

My arse could've turned coal to diamond, it contracted that much. :ph34r:

Shady Slim

it was a year ten PE class and the sport was volleyball, and it was round robin; our team was me, three of my mates and this unathletic chinese dude who didn’t put any effort in for sport classes

we’re winning all our games but other teams start tacking on to the fact if they keep hitting it at the chinese guy they can harvest points at their whim

so, me, who took all sport far too seriously (the winning isn’t everything it’s the only thing mentality for high school pe and sports carnivals), i was talking the tactics with two of my mates that were next to me on court

“we need to find a way to protect it if it gets hit at *that guy*, he’s really the chink in our armour

it took me about four hours to realise why they started laughing as hard as they did

Gnske

I once undestimated the force and power of an appendage and accidentally shot my own DNA into my eyes in front of another human being.

Will gladly take questions.