• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just looked through all home India losses in the last 30 years via Statsguru, and there's some bad ones - especially to South Africa - but none as badly played as this.

centurymaker

I like how the post went from fault to big mistake to screw up to mentally shot
So unintentional hahaha! Well spotted.

Kohli: 'Our spinners were spinning it too much and beating the edge repeatedly. Whereas, the Australian spinners didn't spin much, sometimes not at all and got bag full of quick wickets. It's how the game is sometimes. Also it's a case of very poor application and judgment on several occasions from our batsmen. And that it is great actually that we have had this reality check and that we can never take anything for granted. We will learn and be back with a lot more intent and put Australia under pressure in the next game.'

I like the next two venues, better vibes.
Had had bad vibes about Pune.

indiaholic

WAG Smith is:

If you thought for a moment that this was like any other win for Australia, think again. It was so special, so rare, that Steven Smith knew to the day the length of the drought his men had broken. "We haven't won a game here for 4502 days," he said after Australia's triumph in Pune. The number rolled easily off his tongue in every interview. It might be imprinted in his brain forever.

Steven Smith lauds Steve O'Keefe, batsmen for adapting to 'driest surface' | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

centurymaker

2012 vs England. These are just a bunch of nobodies(yet) getting owned. It was more difficult to watch Sachin progressively get worse as the series went on. We have been shocked pretty bad here but I am still optimistic and looking forward to how we come back in the next game. But yeah, this will suck more if we lose a test again in this series in a few weeks.
Yea that was the worst performance tbh, 2012 vs England. It was so hard to watch it. This is narrowly 2nd 'atm' and will feel worse than 2012 if India lose another test.

Not long ago, you were saying India is safe at home till 2023.........somehow have to secure 3 consecutive games against all the momentum..

Also this huge challenge will test whether this is really destined to be a high time for Kohli or whether the high has already passed by.

Luck plays a huge role. Actually there is no such thing as luck tbh, if you see an event in isolation it appears to be luck but when you see the bigger picture, there is no luck; it's all reward for or result of hardwork. When you have genuinely worked hard, sooner or later things will go your way no matter what. That's how laws of nature work. You will succeed. SOK and Smith have both worked hard and they deserve the results.

fredfertang

Just seen the highlights - the Indians should be drug tested - no way was that the same team that played against England

Spark

Global Moderator
Smith's dropped chances, Lbws, countless play & misses -Disagree emphatically.

And perhaps you didn't see the kind of field that was set for him Today, 3-4 boundary riders and hardly any catchers around the bat. Gift. Similar to what Dhoni did to Kallis in the Kallisball Test in 2011 Cape Town. Kallis was on one leg and it was spinning viciously and SA were 5 or 6 down but Dhoni decided to take away the catches & give Kallis freebie singles and he ended up getting another ton.

Kohli has lost it for now. Just from his body language early in the 2nd Test, we'll know whether there's any hope of bouncing back or India is gonna to crash badly. He looked horrible the whole game.
You do understand why he was constantly playing and missing, yes? It wasn't an accident.

Tangles

Crashed after Kohlis wicket so I was expecting an Aus win but not another lol apse. So happy for Sok. Has had some shabby treatment by selectors over the years and that's a massive middle finger to all his doubters. Including S Warne. Doherty, Agar and Beer have all had games before him ffs.

vcs

Just looked through all home India losses in the last 30 years via Statsguru, and there's some bad ones - especially to South Africa - but none as badly played as this.
The match against SA where we got rolled for 70 odd in the first innings and conceded 450 or so, was pretty bad.

burr

Smith has copped plenty of criticism for his on-field captaincy but you get the impression he doesn’t shirk from captaincy; he wants it, and he wants to lead. When the **** was hitting the fan in Sri Lanka and at the start of this summer he never appeared to doubt (from the outside looking in at least) that he was the man to lead them out of the mire. I see the same in Kohli and something that’s often missing in other great batsmen-cum-leaders. I really hope those two bring it for the final three tests. They both have that intense competitive streak that allows them to excel personally but also demand a role in the bigger picture. Mouthwatering.

Red Hill

The artist formerly known as Monk
Man remember like 18 months ago on here when people were arguing Mitch Marsh could bat at 3 in tests for Aus. That was fun.
Still thinks he's capable but he should be in the shield for 2-3 seasons batting at 3. Learning nothing doing what he's doing now.

flibbertyjibber

We may or may not win the series, but that was one ****ing result i won't forget!
Reminds me of England winning against West Indies in Jamaica in 1990, we had lost a load of players to another rebel tour and expectations were rock bottom and we won by 9 wickets against the best side in the world. Lost the series but a test I will never forget.