• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you thinking right now?

Shri

Still 125 fires burning in NSW atm. There's one up near Katoomba in the Blue Mountains and we're getting all the smoke haze across the city. Air quality is the worst I can ever remember, Even worse than last week. Woke up this morning and the smell of smoke is overwhelming. Meant to get worse through the day apparently. COuld even smell it yesterday through the AC in the office.
chennai is much better atm

Burgey

chennai is much better atm
I thought Delhi was the city in India notorious for air quality. Been terrible here the past few weeks with these fires. 800,000 hectares gone. 10% of the State’s national parks including 20% of the blue mountains world heritage area.

Drove our niece home up the coast this evening and there are fires everywhere. Was raining ash on the car. ****ing terrible.

Burgey

Yeah. A woman who lost her home protested about lack of action on climate change. Govt doesn’t care though, they won the election. All that matters.

Climate change is done as an issue here. The deniers and the boomers won. No amount of wailing by the basket weavers will change that

Gnske

The usual Sydney reading wouldn't be that great though would it? I recall up here in Bellingen it got up to 250ish on that dreadful Friday before the Tuesday and it was like three times what Delhi was at the time, if not more.

Hate to be an asthmatic this time of year.

Daemon

Sounds awful. Indonesia burns their forests every once in a while and the smoke blows over. It’s just the worst. 150 or so is when you can really smell it from memory.

stephen

Yeah. A woman who lost her home protested about lack of action on climate change. Govt doesn’t care though, they won the election. All that matters.

Climate change is done as an issue here. The deniers and the boomers won. No amount of wailing by the basket weavers will change that
Nah I don't think they have. Certainly a market based solution is toxic right now but a platform of building a bunch of solar plants in regional centres I think could be successful. The last election was decided on tax/ housing policy anyway.

Burgey

Nah I don't think they have. Certainly a market based solution is toxic right now but a platform of building a bunch of solar plants in regional centres I think could be successful. The last election was decided on tax/ housing policy anyway.
It's done mate. Sure people seem to GAF about it now, but as soon as it rains again they forget about it, which is convenient because they then avoid having to think about doing something which may inconvenience them a little bit.

stephen

Without descending into a politics post, one thing that 2016 should have made clear is that political certainties can change overnight. Never say never on this stuff.

Burgey

Sorry mate, I’ll get the Bush fire brigades to work a bit harder on putting the ****ers out so as not to inconvenience you.