• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are you thinking right now?

Daemon

I’m thinking... scam

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Haven’t clicked the link yet.

View attachment 24991
Get at least one of these or similar a month.

The most elaborate one I’ve seen was when a friend had his iPhone snatched from him in Vietnam. I used my number to call the phone later on (I don’t even know what I would say if he picked up tbh). Hours later I get the attached. The link leads to a legit Apple looking webpage where you are required to key in your passcode to login and claim the iPhone. Wonder how many people they’ve tricked with this..

Attachments

Bijed

Brought in some leftover roast for lunch at work today. Was really looking forward to it, then as I sit down to eat it I realise I've only brought in the leftover vegetables, no meat at all. Gutted.

trundler

I've got mid term exams Wednesday, Thursday and Monday.. which coincides with the first test in Rawalpindi, which is only an hour and a half from me. There exists a god and he hates me.

I've got a math exam I really need to do well on Monday. Do I go to Day 3 on Friday? I've literally waited a decade for this.

vcs

Ah! That sucks... Fortunately for me, the '99 WC was right in between my Class X and XII Board Exams.

Burgey

Brought in some leftover roast for lunch at work today. Was really looking forward to it, then as I sit down to eat it I realise I've only brought in the leftover vegetables, no meat at all. Gutted.
Good to see you weren’t supporting A VIOLENT, MURDEROUS INDUSTRY THEN!

cpr

I’m thinking... scam

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Haven’t clicked the link yet.

View attachment 24991

As scammy emails go, that's well and truly up there with the worst.

(But seriously: remember kids, if its the Inland Revenue, why would they call it GBP? What other currency would they be using. Its the one thing all the scammers **** up)

Well, surely I'm not the only one who misread lovemoney.....:naughty:

Burgey

be a fun-filled room.

Physics has pretty much all been done now, hasn't it? Even the great @CosmicPinot has moved into wine growing instead. Wouldn't you want to branch out into something else?

SillyCowCorner1

be a fun-filled room.

Physics has pretty much all been done now, hasn't it? Even the great @CosmicPinot has moved into wine growing instead. Wouldn't you want to branch out into something else?
No, not really. Optics I think has been done. The other fields are still alive. Astrophysics and cosmology still in the news, always new stuff to discover.

Burgey

Always be wary of people whose intellectual strength lays in mathematics. 2+2 = 4,whether it takes you.01 of a second to get the answer, or a minute and a half. There's no nuance to it at all. it's thintellgence. Just the application of formulae to a given set of circumstances. Really - zzzzzzzzzzz.

More energy needs to be put into other fields of endeavour imho.

cpr

Always be wary of people whose intellectual strength lays in mathematics. 2+2 = 4,whether it takes you.01 of a second to get the answer, or a minute and a half. There's no nuance to it at all. it's thintellgence. Just the application of formulae to a given set of circumstances. Really - zzzzzzzzzzz.

More energy needs to be put into other fields of endeavour imho.
Unlike Law then.

Besides the art of maths is making 2+2= either 3 or 5. That's when a career in accountancy/tax beckons