• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Politics Thread

Kirkut

When you are in an elite position such as the military you are by default expected to be highly responsible before using dangerous weapons. I'm still finding it hard to accept what happened.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't think there is any conspiracy to this at all TBH. Even the USA has mistakenly shot down a passenger plane during times when military tensions were high and people made systematic incorrect decisions in the heat of the moment. Iran gained absolutely nothing from this and lost and will continue to lose an immense amount.

Burgey

When you are in an elite position such as the military you are by default expected to be highly responsible before using dangerous weapons. I'm still finding it hard to accept what happened.
There aren't many countries where the best and brightest stand a post mate.

Kirkut

There aren't many countries where the best and brightest stand a post mate.
In India it is generally believed that boys mature into men after a grueling military service. Would love to believe this being true for all countries, scared if not.

Athlai

Not Terrible
In India it is generally believed that boys mature into men after a grueling military service. Would love to believe this being true for all countries, scared if not.
It probably isn't even true in India, certainly not across the board.

Kirkut

I don't think there is any conspiracy to this at all TBH. Even the USA has mistakenly shot down a passenger plane during times when military tensions were high and people made systematic incorrect decisions in the heat of the moment. Iran gained absolutely nothing from this and lost and will continue to lose an immense amount.
US has a clean record here. But this cannot be taken casually at all or justified as bad decisions in the heat of the moment. Heck whenever I fly back home my flight directly flies over the volatile middle east countries, that day it could have been any unfortunate aircraft.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yes, just cross checked that. Damn.
At the end of the day, the only thing holding back any number of billions of dollars of immense weapons of destruction are human beings. This is a total catastrophe but I think we can check the mustache twirling conspiracies at the door here. Things will change, people will be held responsible. But the danger will never go away, anywhere in the world, not until every last bomb and missile is dismantled, the streets are paved in gold and the rain tastes like gum drops.

vcs

Glorification of soldiers and everything to do with the military is one of my pet hates in this world.

srbhkshk

India downed one of our own planes during the tensions last year, hardly any sort of beacons in this respect I'd say.

hendrix

Sorry to break it to you but every military in the world is full of failsons and dumbasses.
The idea of the military being an elite institution with well-trained people is some great propaganda.
I had a great time in the army and learned a lot of skills (probably very few of which are even remotely applicable to normal life...) but gee I met some of the biggest losers of my life there, many of whom occupy outrageously high rank.