• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Spark
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey mate, if you get a chance, can you move the Road to the WC thread from general Sport to the subbie? Cheers.
    Yeah it's great. Makes it less, I dunno, empirical (?) I guess. Very entertaining though.
    Yeah, it's the same in most of them. He's a great storyteller and I'm always wanting more.

I wish he'd do more like the Roman Republic one (very good ftr). 5, 1 hour episodes is much more managable than 1 5 hour episode. Ofc he finishes it off with a 5 hour behemoth so.
    They get steadily longer. Most of the early ones clock in at an hour or so, they start getting longer around the WW1 series. Most of his recent ones are 3.5-6 hours.

I don't really mind the length as I'm ok listening to them over multiple sessions, I just struggle to get back to the spot I was at if my phone clears my app for whatever reason.
    "Notwithstanding those statistics, it's a hell of a shift of the goalposts that we're suddenly talking about this when Uppercut was talking about housing."

Gotta remember who you're talking to...
    What's is it with mods and the abuse lately. Harsh shitting on the Aussies, you abusing members via VMs, PEWS subjecting us to Silicon Valley references. This is unacceptable.
    I think what happened is you all think a comment can be racist with or without intent. I disagree. I don't think unintentional racism is a thing. I think you can be unintentionally offensive, which Gavaskar was, but to throw around the label 'racist' without first bothering to understand where he is coming from and establish intent is reckless to me. I feel it cheapens the word if you use it like that. I feel racist actions should only be called that if you can establish racist intent. But clearly I'm the only one taking that stance. Everyone else is fine to throw around that term regardless of intent, or to assume Gavaskar's intent.
    Dear Spark. Can you please cut me some slack for a change. This isn’t Berkeley and I’m not Ann Coulter. Kind regads, Watson.
    Hey well hopefully my non league days are over after this season! Not that League 2 is much better (football wise. Worlds apart in terms of refereeing, facilities etc).

Generally find lower league much less sanitised and more raw, and the players are accessible but obviously you trade that off the lower down you go against quality. It’s why I think I enjoyed (in hindsight) League One - it’s got that local feel while still being a fairly good standard

You’d enjoy watching non league though, I think
    Nothing. Twitter have got really strict on everything in the last month or so. I think you can get automatically suspend if a certain number of your tweets get reported containing certain trigger words.
    Mate, go take a look at site discussion forum and my thread on Burgey. Am I being unreasonable?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…