• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent content by stumpski

1. stumpski

MCC v Rest of the World: Lord's, Saturday 6 July

Couldn't see a thread for this but if there is one please merge. Lord's Bicentenary Match being shown live on Sky and the line-ups look mouthwatering. Just to see Lara bat again will be quite something. Will Tino be trying to knock him over? Even the weather forecast is good. They were just...
  2. stumpski

Graham Stevenson

Nothing on Cricinfo yet, but the BBC site reported earlier that the former Yorkshire and England quick has died at the age of 58: BBC Sport - Graham Stevenson: Former Yorkshire and England player dies Remembered primarily for hitting a 100 at number 11, putting on a big stand with Boycott, and...
  3. stumpski

Cricket obituaries

I don't recall ever seeing one of these on here ... old (and some not so old) cricketers are slipping away all the time, and not all of them are headline stories on Cricinfo, so they can go unnoticed. There've been a few interesting ones this year though: Neil McCorkell - the Hampshire batsman...
  4. stumpski

***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

Three ODIs (all at St Georges, Grenada) 22, 24, 26 Feb Two T20s (both at North Sound, Antigua) 2 and 3 March Two Tests (Bridgetown, Barbados and Roseau, Dominica) 12-16 and 20-24 March First - and only - warm-up on Wednesday 20 Feb. I don't expect the Zims to win more than the odd one-dayer...
  5. stumpski

Horse meat scandal

It seems this one will run and run, unlike the horses in question ... Horsemeat Legal Action Starts In Europe - Yahoo! News UK Any thoughts? Obviously, leaving aside the amount of salt, sugar and fat known to be present in so-called 'ready meals' if the packet says 'beef lasagne' then clearly...
  6. stumpski

Who will be James Anderson's 300th Test wicket?

He's all set to do it in New Zealand, and will be only the fourth England bowler to the landmark - and the first for more than 25 years. Because I don't know which of the NZ batsmen are likely to be picked (even Taylor's out of the side now, isn't he?) I'm going with a bowler - Tim Southee.
  7. stumpski

Are you in a pension scheme?

I was interested in the lead news item this morning, thousands of people who've never paid into a pension before will start doing so: Auto-enrolment pension scheme for millions begins - Yahoo! Finance UK There is an 'opt-out' which makes me wonder how many will still be paying in six months...
  8. stumpski

When great careers overlap

I found this match, from 1974, in which Sobers and Botham were on opposite sides. The former WI great dismissed the future England star in the second innings (and somehow, Notts were unable to get a target of 17 in two overs! Why didn't Sobers open?). Any other examples of a great player right...
  9. stumpski

Getting rid of old magazines

And no, before you ask, it's not one of those :naughty: moments ... Just been up in the loft, because I wanted to post in a music-based forum about Robin Beck (#1 in 1988 with "First Time") and I thought I had an old Record Mirror with an interview; then I thought, is this really worth hanging...
  10. stumpski

Things you used to get in old-time cricket ...

... and don't anymore. I'd better specify what I mean by that: I'm not talking about curved bats, underarm bowling, gentlemen playing in three-cornered hats, or members of the gentry putting 100 guineas on their team to win. I meant more stuff which (some of) you might remember from 20-30 years...
  11. stumpski

George Michael jailed

Feel free to make the usual comments about the showers etc ... George Michael gets eight weeks for drug crash - Yahoo! News UK Quite unusual for a celeb to actually go down rather than get bail pending appeal. Would expect an appeal to be lodged pronto, though tbf he's had a few chances before...
  12. stumpski

Pedometers

I do a fair bit of walking on my days off, and I bought a pedometer recently as I was curious to know how many miles/steps I cover on my regular routes (also, because I'm on my feet all day at work, I wanted to know what distance I cover in a typical day). So I get this thing, and the first...
  13. stumpski

Your Guilty Pleasures [Music]

Well, you know me - or maybe you don't - I'm not a big one for new-thread-starting, but as I now post here exclusively, I thought it would be interesting (and possibly therapeutic) to post some of the artists/songs you like to listen to when no-one else is around. Me, I've always had a bit of a...
  14. stumpski

New Zealand Women in England

I'm sure I can't be the only one watching the 2nd T20 game. Quite a good contest with England needing 30 off the last four overs having been 30-4 at one stage. Sarah Taylor holding it all together atm. One more T20 and five ODIs to follow - no Tests (don't think NZ play them anymore).
  15. stumpski

*Official* Bangladesh in West Indies

Not a series that's going to capture the imagination admittedly (first Test starts on the same day as Cardiff's), but there should be a thread really. Bangs playing in some unglamorous venues but at least their warm-up game is on a major Test ground, Kensington Oval. First Test July 9-13, St...