• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search results

1. S

Immigrant Song

Hi there CW folksies, 1) I recall Immigrant Song doing quite well in the Favourite Led Zeppelin Song Poll on this site a while back 2) I will be a UK immigrant in two weeks' time 3) I make rock music in my attic studio whenever there's a liitle bit of free time. Add them together, and you get...
  2. S

Dirk Nannes

Great news...he will play for the Dutch this summer. That really strengthens the team an awful lot. Now go and kill some Poms, young Dirk.
  3. S

So I have made a CD

And you can hear it in full at http://pandemonicorchestra,nl or three songs at http://myspace.com/pandemonicorchestra. If you're into rock and metal music, I'd be interested to hear what you think. All the work (playing, recording, producing) was done by me and I am acually quite proud of it...
  4. S

Netherlands vs. Bermuda ODI

I don't think there's already a thread for this. Two games at the VRA ground in Amstelveen. First ODI yesterday washed out. Just got back from the second game which is in progress but badly affected by the weather. Dutch summers, fantastic :@ Bermuda 102/4 after 30.2, and will play 9.4 more...
  5. S

OK then, a Dutch thread

The stated aim of the Dutch governement and sports administrators is to be one of the ten leading sports countries in the world. Which is ambitious for such a small country, to say the least. My prediction is they will fall short this time, but should still come 12th-13th in the medals table...
  6. S

Giles retires

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/6938329.stm Apparently the end of the road for the Ashes-winning Wheelie-bin Never one of the highest rated cricketers in the world, but a vital cog in the Fletcher-era England team. A dependable #8 batsman, useful bowler...and showing character...
  7. S

Tournament XI

For me: Chris Gayle (joint man of the tournament) Stephen Fleming (second best opener; instrumental in NZ's progress) Ricky Ponting (not for batting, but great captaincy and excellent fielding) Damien Martyn (I did say joint man of the tournament, didn't I?) Andrew Symonds (electric fielding...
  8. S

bye bye benchy

Sorry for the new thread, but the old one was already closed before I could post there. I totally agree with your assessment of me, btw :cool: So thx, and goodbye :D disclaimer: this post was written according to the 2006 Tipper Gore Guidelines for Zero Tolerance to Expletives in Public...
  9. S

Pet Hates

So what are your pet hates, the little annoyances you love to hate with all the hatred you can muster deep inside your hateful self, and why? Mine are Wedges & Charity Missies. Wedges, or: are the bane of shoe fetishists everywhere. If you need to be taller get some high heels, 'mkay...
  10. S

***Official*** European Championships

Have started today. participating are Ireland, Scotland, The Netherlands, Denmark and Italy. The matches between Ireland, Scotland and Ireland wil lbe full ODI's. Today's scores so far: Denmark vs Ireland: Ireland 209ao. Bit of a surprise, gives the Danes a chance of an upset and the...
  11. S

That Rashid bloke...

I mean Adil Rashid, the 18-year old Yorkshire kid who's apparently the new big English spinner... He's currently playing for England U19 against India U19. Having made 114 in the first innings, he's now taken 42-7-142-7 in India's first innings (India 338/9 so chance of an 8th wicket, but he's...
  12. S

Jones dropped for Read

Chris Read will keep wicket for England in the Third test against Pakistan later this week. Apparently Geraint Jones was not overlooked due to his fractured finger, but dropped because of a lack of runs. Ironically, that's the exact same reason why Read was dropped for Jones in the Windies two...
  13. S

England's preoccupation with the Ashes is harmful to Test cricket

After reading Paul Collingwood's current column on the BBC website (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/5165716.stm, you lazy gits), it again struck me how dominant the Ashes are in English cricket. Collingwood's column is another excellent example of an England cricketer making all...
  14. S

Why Brazil will not win the WC

So I was watching the Champions League final this week, and I realized that while Ronaldinho is definitely an awesome player he is also a liability. He was clearly hell-bent on being the star of the show and as a result Barcelona's pace was slowed down considerably and their play was...
  15. S

The future's orange!

Just thought I'd point your attention to some very good results achieved by The Netherlands last week, including this from Nairobi on Sunday: Kenya 166ao The Netherlands 266/7 (De Leede 123, De Grooth 81, Van Bunge 4/18) The Netherlands beat Kenya by 100 runs. If I'm correct, this should count...
  16. S

The knee-jerk thread on the damp squib that is powerplay

Well, this is about the worst possible start for the new fielding restrictions rule. Both England and Australia use up their 20 overs of restrictions in the first 20 overs. There goes unpredictability and changing the course ot the innings. I sincerely hope that this will not become the trend...
  17. S

5 more nations to play full ODI's

http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/212087.html Great news. Kenya plus the five qualifiers from the ICC Trophy will have the same ODI status as the Test playing nations, until the next ICC Trophy in 2009. Even better, these sixteen countries will be ranked on the same ladder, with the...
  18. S

ICC Trophy 2005

In just over three weeks time, the 2005 ICC Trophy will be held in Ireland. At stake is the title of best associate country, currently held by the Netherlands after their thrilling 2001 final win over Namibia (where victory came following a misfield on the final ball of the match). More...