• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

‘Sophia’ - the World’s First Robot to be Granted Citizenship Status

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I also wonder whether this algorithm will soon be monetised in the sense of having visibility access sold too - I've started noticing that the recommendations on certain topics always end up at the same websites - for example, do enough searching about solar energy in Aus (for entirely non-political reasons, just about personal households needs) and you almost certainly will be directed to RenewEconomy on the tiles recommendations. It's a good website, but it does make me think that one day soon, if not already, there'll be a thing where you can essentially buy visibility through such algorithmic searches and tiles - so when the tiles recommend a certain website to do with a certain topic, they end up going to yours more often than they otherwise would.
I'd be extremely surprised if this wasn't already happening. In fact I think if you dig through the Adsense T&C they openly admit this happens. RenewEconomy would not be given any details about you in this scenario, but your details would be "connected" to their ad, and they absolutely do not get this favourable treatment through SEO alone.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
It's a good website, but it does make me think that one day soon, if not already, there'll be a thing where you can essentially buy visibility through such algorithmic searches and tiles - so when the tiles recommend a certain website to do with a certain topic, they end up going to yours more often than they otherwise would.
er haven't you just defined Google Adwords?

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah that makes sense. I just reckon it could become extremely overt now, and start entering the "non-ad" parts of the business like the actual search function and Assistant.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha I search about so much sport that every time I nerd out about some new club it goes to the news feed. The algorithm seems to have been designed by people who are fundamentally incapable of realizing people may like more than one sport or team.
Yeah I did a few searches on RB Leipzig prior to starting an FM save and now I get notifications for all their games.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
er haven't you just defined Google Adwords?
Been eight years since I left that industry, but it only loosely defines it. In theory if your ad is shite and not relevant then you can bid what you like it ain’t getting shown.

But things have probably changed in that time.