• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

13th Match - India v Bangladesh (23rd March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveNZ

I mean, the run out I can understand, but Rahim and a set Marmadoola? Yikes.
I can't understand the run out either. The guy backing up was hardly down the pitch at all. What's the more likely, the bye needing to be run or one being blatted back at the non-strikers' stumps? That Dhoni had time to run in to take the bails is unforgivable, in my mind. If he Mankads, let him cop the resulting abuse. There was no urgency even withstanding the backing up.

Just outrageous inexperience and lack of forethought, dunno if I'd class it as a choke because Mushfiqur did play two good strokes in a pressure situation. But he pulls one down mid wicket's throat, then practises a lofted pull on the way out like he meant to hit it up? Then Marmaduke hits a full toss up? Wow. Monumentally unintelligent.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I can't understand the run out either. The guy backing up was hardly down the pitch at all. What's the more likely, the bye needing to be run or one being blatted back at the non-strikers' stumps? That Dhoni had time to run in to take the bails is unforgivable, in my mind. If he Mankads, let him cop the resulting abuse. There was no urgency even withstanding the backing up.

Just outrageous inexperience and lack of forethought, dunno if I'd class it as a choke because Mushfiqur did play two good strokes in a pressure situation. But he pulls one down mid wicket's throat, then practises a lofted pull on the way out like he meant to hit it up? Then Marmaduke hits a full toss up? Wow. Monumentally unintelligent.
Well the context is, fresh batsman, world cup, 2 wickets in 2 balls, must win scenario.

I understand weirdness happening in that pressure cooker. Not bottling it there is what becomes noteworthy. Rahim and Marmadoola choked.

hendrix

I believe Kohli loudly proclaimed that they were going for the mankad, which is why the non striker wasn't attempting to cheat.

Athlai

Not Terrible
They only needed two runs ffs. Even if you're a number 11 that's a choke.
It's still more or less expected though. 2 runs from 3 balls with wickets in hand. You win 99% of the time.

2 runs from 1 ball with a #9 facing their first delivery which is also a hattrick ball in effectively a knockout World Cup game. 50% at best. You can expect better and you can criticise but the real spuds there are the set blokes who absolutely bottled it and made a fresh couple guys have to come out in that sort of situation.

viriya

Wow what a choke.. don't think I've ever seen 3 wickets in a row to win a game by 1 run before.

straw man

I obviously need to work on my spud awareness as I didn't recognise the reference

Spud Shed is a Western Australian supermarket chain. Its owner, Tony Galati, who is also a potato farmer, uses promotions such as free potato giveaways to protest against what he considers to be unfair and excessive control by the Potato Marketing Corporation of WA of the quantity, varieties and price of potatoes grown and sold in Western Australia.
A true PEWSian hero.

weldone

TBH the 3rd last and the 2nd last balls were so bad (maybe intentionally - who knows how Dhoni thinks sometimes!) that Mushfiq and Mahmoodullah couldn't believe their lucks respectively and thought it was a good chance to deposit into 2nd tier to end the match. It sounds very foolish with the advantage of hindsight, but most posters here would be singing praises for Bangladesh and would be going after Dhoni's head if the 4th or 5th ball turned out to be a six.

Bangladesh would surely win this if the 4th and 5th balls of Pandya's last over were somewhat decent.

Why didn't Fizzy dive for the last run btw? (I have never seen him dive though)

Last edited:

social

Wasn't even good bowling - shortish ball that should have been worked for minimum of a single, rank full bunger and wide long hop

Burgey

TBH the 3rd last and the 2nd last balls were so bad (maybe intentionally - who knows how Dhoni thinks sometimes!) that Mushfiq and Mahmoodullah couldn't believe their lucks respectively and thought it was a good chance to deposit into 2nd tier to end the match. It sounds very foolish with the advantage of hindsight, but most posters here would be singing praises for Bangladesh and would be going after Dhoni's head if the 4th or 5th ball turned out to be a six.

Bangladesh would surely win this if the 4th and 5th balls of Pandya's last over were somewhat decent.

Why didn't Fizzy dive for the last run btw? (I have never seen him dive though)
What makes you think the bowler was capable of executing any plan Dhoni asked him to?

Still can't believe that choke. Was a deadest shocker

RossTaylorsBox

Just saw the highlights of this and for me the worst thing was Jadeja rolling around like an idiot after that second catch as if he's taken a blinder.