• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

28th Match - India v West Indies (6th March 2015)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zinzan

So the Windies NRR falls slightly below Pakistan's, although if the Windies can hammer the UAE & South Africa crush Pakistan, that could change around quickly even if Pakistan do get up over Ireland.

Interesting battle for 3rd & 4th in Pool B.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is still a **** group imo.Would've liked one of Aus or NZ in our group.Would've been a great tester.
They bowled well at South Africa who has the best batsman in the world and best opener in the world

Contra

Surely some of the more experienced players could have gone up to Holder and spoken to him? Unfair to criticize Holder alone.

SkyBlue

They bowled well at South Africa who has the best batsman in the world and best opener in the world
Yeah,though would've liked to see us face another good team early in the tournament.Too bad Pak and Windies have sent their worst ever squad to the WC.

Contra

Malav: "That's because Holder has Smith and Samuels in his fantasy team! :P" - As good an explanation as any tbh lolol.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sacking Holder achieves nothing
Okay sack him after his tactical nous costs another key game. I can understand mid world cup sacking being extreme but are they here to try and compete or just make up the numbers? I guess leaving out players like Bravo, having an inexperienced captain and every thing else going on in Windies cricket right now, I have nothing to say except I feel for Windies cricket give the amount of talent there is there. You don't see bowlers like Taylor every day.

BigBrother

Wow, the dude just gave up. Terrible stuff. I don't care how young of a captain he is but that's a quite a pathetic sight.

andmark

A young, inexperienced palyer captaining the calamity of WI cricket; is it really unexpected that these things will happen?

Last edited:

indiaholic

All right, lets not get carried away now. It was bad captaincy, but sometimes under pressure, these things happen, especially with an inexperienced captain.
Under pressure you decide to not use your best bowlers? How does that make any sense? I can understand him getting his field placings wrong but this..

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's not just that Samuels is a very average bowler at best (and a very **** one at worst), it's also that he hasn't looked like he gave a **** about anything related to cricket in half a decade. Why would you bowl someone who so obviously doesn't give the slightest **** about whether you win or lose? Makes no sense.