• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

29th Match - New Zealand v West Indies

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Beamer

Wonderful match, shame we came up just short. NZ keep winning these tight ones, that will stand them in good stead. They function so well together as a team. They do need to drop Henry though. He is like a bowling machine with a length set to 'the slot'.'

So great to see Carlos get that remember the name monkey off his back. Play like that more often and he will be a valuable member of our team. It was also great to see a more sensible bowling display with a decent consistency of length.

Definitely a 'what if' World Cup for us. We could easily have won against both Australia and NZ and we'd still be in this. But we didn't. This bunch need to play together more regularly to learn to win more of these tight moments. Hetmeyer and Gayle got out at terrible times. Gayle will be gone but Hety can learn.

Beamer

Yup so frustrating following the Windies in this tournament. Sad end to possibly the innings of the competition from Brathwaite, but with the way Gayle and Hetmeyer were going they threw it away it must be said.

As Beamer keeps saying, the world cup has been a year or two early for the side. Lots of class in there, hopefully they keep the core of this side together.
Thanks Moss. Absolutely this. After Bangladesh and England I was fuming because the bowling plans were just so brain-dead. I can't complain tonight though, we just lost to the more seasoned team who held it better together under pressure. No shame in that.

wellAlbidarned

god i wish we brought another pacer who isn't southee. Henry was **** here but got plenty of memories of southee getting belted by Perera which suggest he wouldn't have done better.

Beamer

god i wish we brought another pacer who isn't southee. Henry was **** here but got plenty of memories of southee getting belted by Perera which suggest he wouldn't have done better.
Surely can't be worse than Henry with all that IPL experience etc? I'd definitely go with Southee.

BeeGee

Henry shouldn't be dropped, he just shouldn't be used at the death. Something we already knew.

Neesham showed some death bowling skills today.

thundaboult

Sodhi for Henry. I don't care how good the team's culture is and all that ****, henry will not be in a good frame of mind after this.

wellAlbidarned

Surely can't be worse than Henry with all that IPL experience etc? I'd definitely go with Southee.
another case of non-nz fans not being witness to just how far southee has regressed. Averages 40 at an econ of near 6 since the last world cup.

thundaboult

Ferguson now has 60 wickets in 32 odis. 14 in 5 wc matches played. Would probably have more than archer and starc if he played 6 matches like they have. Even more impressed with how clutch he is at key moments. We are seeing a rare express bowler from our parts go from strength to strength.

Last edited:

hendrix

We already knew Henry can't bowl at the death.

He's there to take wickets at the top and middle.

I think it'd be quite badly reactionary to drop him after a poor over in the death, which we already knew he sucks at.

Moss

Henry shouldn't be dropped, he just shouldn't be used at the death. Something we already knew.

Neesham showed some death bowling skills today.
Mostly agree with this, though as with today there will be situations where Boult and Ferguson will have finished early and you have to bowl Henry at the death. It becomes a problem then.

Having said that wouldn't mind Southee getting a couple of games to show us where he's at. Would only play Sodhi if the conditions support it, he's a far better bowler than when he started out but can see him getting collared as much as Henry.

thundaboult

another case of non-nz fans not being witness to just how far southee has regressed. Averages 40 at an econ of near 6 since the last world cup.
dude some of them still ask why brendon mccullum isn't playing....ik they don't have to give a **** about other teams but cmmon wtf

Beamer

Jesus. Knee-jerk-o-rama in here. You don't replace your opening bowler with a leg spinner.
Against us Henry has gone for about 180 in 19 overs.... He hasn't looked at all ODI class. I'm sure he hadn't been as bad otherwise but geeeez.

Mike5181

I think we just go with the easy change for now and drop Munro for Nicholls. If Henry loses the plot in the next game, then you kind of have to bring in Southee.