• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

35th Match - Scotland v Sri Lanka (11th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

viriya

Prasanna proving that he is a ridiculous selection.. Why exactly is he playing over Sena?

Oh yea, "Dilshan is offspin, we need a legspinner for variation"

Maximas

Prasanna proving that he is a ridiculous selection.. Why exactly is he playing over Sena?

Oh yea, "Dilshan is offspin, we need a legspinner for variation"
He bowled pretty well against the Aussies through the middle overs tbf

Dan

Global Moderator
He's taken a grand total of 3 international wickets in Oceania to date. Given he has 284 of the things overall, I'd expect that the selectors would've picked him for games in Australia and NZ if they thought he'd be even vaguely effective as a jammy troll bowler. Strangely enough, a guy who doesn't turn the ball and has very few variations in pace and flight isn't considered to be an effective ODI option in Australia.

2 ODI wickets. Costing 51.50 runs each. Giving away 5.77 runs per over in the process.

Before this tournament, Sachi had 3 ODI wickets in Oceania, which cost 41.67 runs each while leaking 4.81 per over. He's not exactly much better, and since coming back from his action change he's been pretty useless in these conditions, but I'd take a giant list of Sri Lankan spinners before I took Mendis here.

Dan

Global Moderator
He bowled pretty well against the Aussies through the middle overs tbf
Yeah I thought he bowled reasonably well there. Gives it a rip, good shape through the air. Just needs to add a few k's by pushing through the crease a bit more (and getting more overspin) and he could be a very handy option for Sri Lanka to have. I suspect he'd be a handful in helpful conditions.

Dan

Global Moderator
If Berrington keeps going this way and Bradburn's boi Leask smacks a few at the end, Scotland could get over 300 here. Challenging the total will never be possible from here, but FMD if an Associate makes 300 vs a full member (even when it's SL's bowling attack), that's an achievement in itself.

Maximas

Yeah I thought he bowled reasonably well there. Gives it a rip, good shape through the air. Just needs to add a few k's by pushing through the crease a bit more (and getting more overspin) and he could be a very handy option for Sri Lanka to have. I suspect he'd be a handful in helpful conditions.
Yeah, his issue here is that his danger ball is the slider, only he can't really get anything to turn here in Aus and he doesn't flight the ball all that much or get much bounce, so when he's not landing it like now he's fodder

YorksLanka

What on earth is the commentator on about?ice cream on top of the cones?someone get him drug tested quick...

YorksLanka

Right am off, getting bored of this work thing getting in the way of my cricket viewing now..SL to get 5 wickets in 7 balls now I am no longer watching:ph34r: enjoy gents...

anil1405

What on earth is the commentator on about?ice cream on top of the cones?someone get him drug tested quick...
Hayden was also talking something on these lines...'If stumps had eyes'. Not sure what he was referring to though. Ridiculous whatever it was.

viriya

He's taken a grand total of 3 international wickets in Oceania to date. Given he has 284 of the things overall, I'd expect that the selectors would've picked him for games in Australia and NZ if they thought he'd be even vaguely effective as a jammy troll bowler. Strangely enough, a guy who doesn't turn the ball and has very few variations in pace and flight isn't considered to be an effective ODI option in Australia.

2 ODI wickets. Costing 51.50 runs each. Giving away 5.77 runs per over in the process.

Before this tournament, Sachi had 3 ODI wickets in Oceania, which cost 41.67 runs each while leaking 4.81 per over. He's not exactly much better, and since coming back from his action change he's been pretty useless in these conditions, but I'd take a giant list of Sri Lankan spinners before I took Mendis here.
Great idea to base a selection from 2 ODIs and ignore a whole year's worth of performances.