• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

35th Match - Scotland v Sri Lanka (11th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Global Moderator
Don't like Thisara and Chameera in the same line-up tbh
Yeah, I'd tend to agree with you -- it just leaves you half a bowler short if you pick a batsman ahead of him IMO. This is where Prinyanjan would be useful -- ~3 overs per game and decent-ish lower order hitting.

Zinzan

Batting isn't the concern for the SA game for SL, it's how the hell their 4th, 5th, 6th etc bowling options restrict SA.

Anyone know if Herath is likely to be fit for the quarter?

Maximas

Think his stitches were meant to be out today but it hasn't healed as planned, I'd say he's probably fallen about a day or two behind his recovery schedule that would have had him fit almost a week before the QF, so I'm thinking he'll make it

viriya

Batting isn't the concern for the SA game for SL, it's how the hell their 4th, 5th, 6th etc bowling options restrict SA.

SL automatically have a 50% chance of winning based on the toss. It's the SCG and it should be slower.. I think SL wins if they bat first, and SA will probably get 350 and defend it if they do.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
South Africa might bowl AB and other part timers at Sangakkara, Mahela and Mathews, so they can equally have fun with that plan.

They should also be able to handle Duminy better than most. If you're really lucky you'll get Parnell.

viriya

South Africa might bowl AB and other part timers at Sangakkara, Mahela and Mathews, so they can equally have fun with that plan.

They should also be able to handle Duminy better than most. If you're really lucky you'll get Parnell.
Sanga will get out to an AB half-tracker and look at the pitch with wide eyes afterwards.

Zinzan

SL automatically have a 50% chance of winning based on the toss. It's the SCG and it should be slower.. I think SL wins if they bat first, and SA will probably get 350 and defend it if they do.
Oh it's definitely confirmed at the SCG is it? I know the Aust & NZ quarters are in Adelaide and Wellington respectively, but wasn't sure the SA/SL was at the SCG or the MCG.

I'm not entirely sure the toss will decide it, even if it is an advantage...I could see SL chasing up to 300 if they had to.

anil1405

Nah not happening. He would be the last option for Proteas at this point.

anil1405

Am slightly more confident of Proteas doing well in QF after watching SL play today. SL are still unsure of the right combo. But its still down to the toss. If Proteas win toss then they are slight favourites and if they don't then SL have huge advantage.

Niall

Am slightly more confident of Proteas doing well in QF after watching SL play today. SL are still unsure of the right combo. But its still down to the toss. If Proteas win toss then they are slight favourites and if they don't then SL have huge advantage.
Not been simple here hopefully, but is it really that massive of a toss?

Sri Lanka cruised a 300 + chase against England and did reasonably well against Australia while chasing 376, they have the batsmen to do make a go of chasing anything. I don't think they would be to worried about defending as a lot of the South African knock out losses have been when they chased as well.

viriya

Not been simple here hopefully, but is it really that massive of a toss?

Sri Lanka cruised a 300 + chase against England and did reasonably well against Australia while chasing 376, they have the batsmen to do make a go of chasing anything. I don't think they would be to worried about defending as a lot of the South African knock out losses have been when they chased as well.
It's more about SA batting with more freedom when batting first vs going in choke mode when chasing. SL don't have a preference there.

YorksLanka

It's more about SA batting with more freedom when batting first vs going in choke mode when chasing. SL don't have a preference there.
personally i hope SA do bat first as i dont think we have the bowlers to restrict them to a score whereas if our batsmen continue in their form, wecan chase pretty much anything they set us(hopefully)