• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

38th Match - Afghanistan v England (13th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Antihippy

Yep, it's one area they need to really improve. Though I think batting depth is something that is more easily developed than bowling depth.

Dan

Global Moderator
What pace is Jimmeh operating at? Looking near-unplayable from my viewpoint

Also, James Taylor must be 12.

gettingbetter

Bit of trivia gents.

Who is the second best player to play in three World Cups? Bopara is number one for the record.

anil1405

No no no...thats not the Shenwari we know or want to see. Don't give away cheap wickets please Afghanistan. You guys can score runs in the latter half of the innings.

Daemon

Who was that arguing with me over Scotland being a worse batting side than Afghanistan? They really are dreadful.

zorax

likes this
England suck so much. Put in crap performances when the fans want them to play well, and then finally play well when the fans start rooting for crap.

anil1405

Afghanistan bowlers will love these overcast conditions (if they last) for sure. Batsman just need to do their job.

HeathDavisSpeed

Bit of trivia gents.

Who is the second best player to play in three World Cups? Bopara is number one for the record.
Stuart Matsikenyeri. 2003, 2007, 2015. Sure, he didn't play in 2003, but then Bopara hasn't contributed vastly more than if he hadn't played at all. Spud-u-like.

halba

this is the reason why minnows like afghan are banned from future world cups. insipid, boring play.

Dan

Global Moderator
Tbf,its been some good bowling in friendly conditions. Jordan was swinging it ffs.

Rain is getting heavier. Might be a long break tbh.

Oh and Najibullah looks like he can seriously play. The Afghani Sarkar Imo.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If this one gets rained off, am I right in thinking a win on Monday wouldn't have been enough to take us through anyway? Not sure what the likely NRR swing would have been had we chased it down V Bangas but given it would have been in the last over or two, pretty sure not enough to overturn the advantage they do have.

Adders

Yeah pretty sure we had to get full points from both games to go through.............so no result here would have ****ed us even if we'd beaten the Bangas.