• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

39th Match - India v Zimbabwe (14th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flem274*

123/5
Weird feeling from neutral POV, it seems good that Zim have taken this so deep, but frustrating that they could have just been so much better.
and it will be the last time for a while they have enough quality to push a team too. first jarvis now taylor. williams, hamilton, parmi and chatara can only do so much and three of those blokes are a class below taylor and jarvis.

OverratedSanity

There's no way I'd pick AB over Dhoni and Bevan in a chase... first innings finishing, yeah, but those two have chasing down to a science.

morgieb

Bevan > Dhoni for mine, think Dhoni's has had it a bit easier in his career which swings it for mine.

Both obviously wonderful, wonderful chasers though.

Athlai

Not Terrible
There's no way I'd pick AB over Dhoni and Bevan in a chase... first innings finishing, yeah, but those two have chasing down to a science.
AB actually averages much more chasing than in the first innings. He will finish his career as the greatest imo.

OverratedSanity

I guess you could argue, quite convincingly that Bevan faced far superior bowlers in an era with undoubtedly tougher rules for batsman, and with less ridiculous bats. What Dhoni has above Bevan for me is that he's played plenty of Bevan-esque knocks where he nudges the ball around and drags the lower order to within touching distance of the target and then finishes it off, but he's also got that extra touch of explosiveness over Bevan imo.

OverratedSanity

AB actually averages much more chasing than in the first innings. He will finish his career as the greatest imo.
I don't give a flying **** about averages... but when Dhoni or Bevan walked out in a tricky situation, most fans would just sit back and relax knowing that they'd steer the side home. I don't get anything remotely close to that feeling from Ab.... yet. It's a reputation built over time, and AB doesn't quite have it at this stage.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I don't give a flying **** about averages... but when Dhoni or Bevan walked out in a tricky situation, most fans would just sit back and relax knowing that they'd steer the side home. I don't get anything remotely close to that feeling from Ab.... yet. It's a reputation built over time, and AB doesn't quite have it at this stage.
Uhh sure. But any Saffa fan definitely does because he is ****ing amazing at chasing.

Dan

Global Moderator
Whatever happened to Vitori? He had a bit of talent.
Failed to actually use the talent -- he goes between looking very dangerous when he's in form to being about as pedestrian as you can possibly get when he's not bowling well. He goes completely missing for extended periods, and when he's bad he's really, really, really bad.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Failed to actually use the talent -- he goes between looking very dangerous when he's in form to being about as pedestrian as you can possibly get when he's not bowling well. He goes completely missing for extended periods, and when he's bad he's really, really, really bad.
Yeah; Test standard when he's in rhythm, not worthy of his spot in Zimbabwe domestic cricket when he's not (and sometimes the Tuskers agree). He's usually spotted on the international stage when he's bowling well enough to be picked, which has created a bit of an inflated reputation.