• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Quarter Final - Australia v Pakistan (20th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarun

Any allrounder coming up the domestic ranks for Pakistan? Especially a pacer one since they got M Hafeez covered for spin type.

Also, the team needs a strike rotating type accumulator that could get in faster than Misbah usually could.

Last edited:

Niall

Any allrounder coming up the domestic ranks for Pakistan? Especially a pacer one since they M Hafeez covered for spin type.

Also, the team needs a strike rotating type accumulator that could get in faster than Misbah usually could.
Hammad Azam | Pakistan Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Azam is the first one I thought of,

Not to pacy, but could do a job like Collingwood did for England so well.

Decent enough hitter to.

Has done pretty well domestically and was on the a tour when they played Kenya recently but sadly got injured.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

What an image. The jacket cares :(

Edit: And the two guys in the frame are the ****s who dropped the catches

Last edited:

Niall

So sad

especially compared to Afridi and Younis Khan smiling as if they hadn't a care in the world at the end.:@

harsh.ag

Afridi's spell was so pathetic as well. Pakistan are lucky to be getting rid of him. Only Wahab made me feel bad for the men in green.

veganbob

They need to learn to catch. It cost them more than their batting. If they held their catches they would be in the semi.

veganbob

Their bowling is great but is this the most fragile looking aussie batting line ever? I cant remember another.

BigBrother

With all due credit to Wahab's spell, he was pretty fortunate there that the umpires in the game were lenient too. A lot of those bouncers were going over Watson's head and a more strict umpire could well have given them wide.

Also, i'm pretty sure it was more than 2 bounces on a few of those overs there.

BigBrother

They need to learn to catch. It cost them more than their batting. If they held their catches they would be in the semi.
Their bowling is great but is this the most fragile looking aussie batting line ever? I cant remember another.
No, Australia were still favorites. They have one the deepest batting line ups, all with game changing abilities. Not to mention the target was super low. A collapse can happen with any team, some more so than others.

In these conditions, only SA are probably at the same level potential wise. Even Johnson and Starc can bat a bit.

Last edited:

Tangles

Hard to judge from the score but how was the Aussie batting? Obviously Pakistan did better than I thought when I crashed but were they really 2 catches from a win?

Shri

Any allrounder coming up the domestic ranks for Pakistan? Especially a pacer one since they got M Hafeez covered for spin type.

Well there is this 13 year old all rounder called Afridi who just retired to concentrate on his bowling more. Expect a return in a year.

Agent Nationaux

Hard to judge from the score but how was the Aussie batting? Obviously Pakistan did better than I thought when I crashed but were they really 2 catches from a win?
Watson and Maxwell were dropped from Wahab's bowling. We would then have been into the tail and with the way Wahab was bowling could have won the whole thing.

BigBrother

It didn't surprise me at all that Watson struggled tbh. He has been out of knick and I see him hitting things to fielders all the times when he is, adding that with nerves of a huge game. With the depth of Aussie batting and such a low score to chase I would still back them for sure. Maxwell does crazy things all the times so I don't think that surprised anyone.

I really think surviving that spell has made Watson a better batsman. Looked more comfortable at the crease afterwards then I have seen him look out there for ages.

Clarke dismissal surprised me a bit. I didn't watch that Ashes, but I have been hearing England did him with the short ball there and they think he is valuable to the short ball a bit. I do wonder if his bad back prevented him from ducking or working that better.

Last edited: