• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

43rd Match - Pakistan v Bangladesh

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

Sarun

What does that translate into while chasing, say, 250?
I think they won't qualify if Bangladesh bat first (regardless of Pakistan chase and win). I think they need to win quicker than 50 overs which is not possible.

It's probably related to them needing to win by over 300 runs when batting first but unlike batting first (theoretically score unlimited amount of runs thanks to no balls and such), you cannot add number of overs to 50.

Last edited:

thierry henry

Hope Bangladesh win so I can rationalise to myself that NZ were really the 4th best team despite this being a dead rubber

zorax

likes this
yea I hope this Pak team show up to this game with one foot on the plane and half-ass it so that we can crush them and end this WC on a high note. Especially considering this could be Mortaza's last ever game. The man's a legend of BD cricket, hope he goes out on a win.

I'd love for another Shakib all-star performance but really it would be better if the rest of the side stood up and won the game without needing him.

OverratedSanity

Pakistan still have a shot if mushfiqur chucks a hundred gumnuts at fakhar at the start of their innings

Last edited:

MW1304

I wonder if Pakistan reach out to the Bangladesh camp and ask that they bowl first, just so there's at least something miniscule to play for.

Bangladesh are out anyway so it makes no real difference to them. Get some more practice chasing down a big score.

Jezroy

A reminder that the numbers look like this -

If Pakistan do that, they would require an almost impossible situation to advance, needing to either beat Bangladesh by 311 runs after scoring 350, or by 316 runs after scoring 400, or by 321 runs after scoring 450.

So yeah, Bangladesh v2019 have to have a heck of bad day for anything other than New Zealand to finish fourth.

Or they have to throw the game in collaboration with Pakistan. In which case you think they’ll all get massive bans.

Burgey

I wonder if Pakistan reach out to the Bangladesh camp and ask that they bowl first, just so there's at least something miniscule to play for.

Bangladesh are out anyway so it makes no real difference to them. Get some more practice chasing down a big score.
The would genuinely be a diabolical development in the game if the Bangers went with any such approach

aussie tragic

Pak must bat first or it's all over at the toss, however if they do bat first here are some scores that will give them higher than the NRR 0.175 of NZ

Pak 325 - BD 16
Pak 350 - BD 38
Pak 375 - BD 61
Pak 400 - BD 84
Pak 425 - BD 107
Pak 450 - BD 129
Pak 475 - BD 152
Pak 500 - BD 179