• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

4th June - Group B - India v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters

Tec15

I don't think you're watching the same game Tec15. Go on cricinfo, check the strike rates, balls faces and runs scored by Hafeez and Shehzad and then come and tell me how terrible Azhar is.
I don't think you hear me. Hafeez and Shehzad's terribleness doesn't spare Azhar. In fact it's a bigger knock on him, that he slowed down so much despite getting a good start.

zorax

likes this
Yeah, which is why he decelerated from 36 of 33 to 50 of 65. Because he was "aware of what the target is".
Yea it's not like the bowlers could possibly have bowled in better areas, with 4 men out if the ring instead of 2, and that the loss of wickets at the other end forced him to consolidate somewhat and to ensure a wobble didn't become a collapse

Those things never ever happen in cricket. Ever. Every ball was delivered identical to every ball he faced before, and consciously decided to score less runs per ball than he did before, because he doesn't understand how ODI cricket works and felt that batting slower is how you win games. Intact, it is this mentality that lead to him being dismissed for a 50 scored at a faster rate than anyone else in his side

****ing Azhar Ali eh?

Posting this bad is as good as trolling IMO

Tec15

Would be hilarious if India loses from this impregnable position due to a Malik special. The meltdowns would be fun to see.

91Jmay

Whilst you can't throw all the blame on Ali or anything, the fact he can't rotate the strike to save his life is a big mark against him as an ODI player. It's not exactly an extreme critique.

honestbharani

Already looks a different game once Malik has come out to bat. Makes you wonder what he is doing batting all the way down at 5? Why not have him bat 3 or at least 4 and have the rest of the line up sort itself out? Is Imad Wasim a good hitter? Can he handle the #7 slot with Sarfraz at 6?

Niall

Shehzad against India in ICC ODI tournaments
47 off 73 balls (SR 64.38) chasing 301
12 off 22 balls (SR 54.54) chasing 289 in 41 overs.

Less said the better about Shehzad, always been an average limited overs player. I'd be tempted to take a punt on Zaman for the next few matches and bin Ahmed.

Black_Warrior

Less said the better about Shehzad, always been an average limited overs player. I'd be tempted to take a punt on Zaman for the next few matches and bin Ahmed.
Yeah I would pick Fakhar now but doubt this management is going to make any changes.

Whilst you can't throw all the blame on Ali or anything, the fact he can't rotate the strike to save his life is a big mark against him as an ODI player. It's not exactly an extreme critique.
Azhar is not a great ODI player. That is not in question here. The issue though is of context - he bats with Shehzad, Hafeez, Babar - all 3 of them are just as worse at strike rotation. Actually Shehzad and Hafeez are worse than him. Yet they get away with it because they 'look' like they are attacking players and Azhar gets all hate. This is the problem here.

91Jmay

Shehzad strike rate is 72 for his career. Kraigg Brathwaite is the only bloke on the planet who think's that is acceptable.

:laugh: this is farcical now

Good fielding though. Really good.