• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

At Least 11 Dead At 2 Tragedies in Norway

shivfan

Banned
Good to see the number of deaths go down from 93 to 76, although that's still obviously an awful number.
Yeah, I think they accidentally double-counted some of the bodies....

I really doubt he'll get away with any insanity plea, given the cold-hearted nature of some of his internet postings. Also, I'm willing to bet he won't be coming out of any gaol any time in the near or distant future.

smalishah84

The Tiger King
I bought the Sun yesterday for the LOLz, basically it has an editorial telling us that we have to cap immigration, jail Muslim Clerics, and start extraditing right away. We must do this apparently to stand together with the Norwegian dead, after another muslim atrocity.

Makes you wonder if they shut down the right 'paper doesn't it?

The Express and Mail didn't even bother putting it on their front pages.

a paragraph from the article that was posted in this thread...so true this haha

"“Experts” who supposedly study this topic — almost always white men and very often with military or government backgrounds — direct suspicion toward Muslims by pointing to claims of responsibility on “jihadi” web sites that only they have access to"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My point is that there's been no testing done so one can't be sure yet.

That said, that he didn't kill himself at the end/commit suicide by cop is a blow for the insanity defence. Spree killers generally have no interest in being around afterwards so that he does is one pointer towards a twisted, ****ed-up, narcissistic, but not diseased mind. He didn't flip out and go nuts with a rifle, there was a lot of thought put into this. Not only with what he did and how but also the likely response; a genuine psychotic episode generally doesn't include consideration of how others feel about or respond to the way you're acting.

This makes it all the more important that he never breathes free air again.
I might be too cynical, but I'm 99% sure if this happened in the UK he'd have "turned his gun on himself". We don't take our spree killers alive.

Also on the "reasons to hate myself" front I had an entirely inappropriate surge of patriotism when I found out he was born in London. :ph34r:

cpr

Jesus effing christ Brumby, talk about a patriotic streak, its only a matter of time before you get the lyrics to God Save the Queen tattoo'd on your arse!

_Ed_

Glenn Beck has hit a new low, comparing the camp to Hitler Youth. I was speechless when I heard, and I still can't put into words how horrendous that is.

Top_Cat

Warning signs early as he actually says 'Kg' instead of kilogram.

Judging by those shoulders, needs every rep.

Himannv

icwutudidther

But this is all moot because he won't ever be released, right?
The maximum sentence in Norway is 21 years. A review will be done at the end of that time period and the sentence can be extended in 5 year blocks.

The Norwegian justice system works in a mindset of educating their prisoners and treating them in a way which enables them to rejoin society as reformed people. That sort of thing is far too generous for this mother****er though.

fredfertang

The bloke's lawyer has been remarkably candid - Fred West's solicitor got disciplined for less IIRC, which I may not

fredfertang

What comments did he come out with Fred.
To be honest I can't remember but he was basically just speculating and gossiping about his client - perhaps we're just rather more reserved over here but in my experience talking to the press normally causes nothing but grief

fredfertang

I didn't hear that one! Not something I would think would inspire great confidence in his client's mind - though from what little I've heard about him I doubt he much cares

Top_Cat

Cameron Leslie wasn't worried about the bomb going off above him - he had to finish his reps!

Cameron Leslie tells of horror in Oslo - Campbell Live - Video - 3 News

What. A. ****ing. Knob
Warning signs early as he actually says 'Kg' instead of kilogram.

Judging by those shoulders, needs every rep.
Looks like we both got trolled, apparently it was just a joke gone wrong.

'Gym joke' earns New Zealander Cameron Leslie ridicule in a new range of un-ironic t-shirts | News.com.au

Top_Cat

Interesting articles about Ander Brievik and his possible support networks. Essentially, the articles ask questions about the lack of a cash trail for Brievik's activities which were, prima facie, quite well-funded with independent sources (he had barely worked for some time). Then there's a post on anti-Muslim nutjob Pamela Geller's website which may possibly have been him:

Anders Behring Breivik, Mystery Man by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com
Craig Murray Blog Archive Who Funded Breivik?

If it is, there are possibly questions to be asked about the nature of her support to him. If not, one wonders about the nature of her suport to other psychopathic anti-Muslim types. One point which is hard to disagree with;

There can be no doubt at all that, were Geller a Muslim, this amount of evidence and connection would have her in jail by now. Do not hold your breath.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

Wow that is incredible news Top Cat. I wonder how much more is there to this story, who else is involved and how long before we find out.