• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

At Least 11 Dead At 2 Tragedies in Norway

Agent Nationaux

RIP to all the people who died :( in this tragic incident. I heard that it was claimed by Al-Qaida, is that true? But the guy they caught was blonde and Norwegian.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hi.

Recent police press conference:

They have found undetonated explosives on the island, and they have no idea how many people are dead there. The death toll of 10 is expected to rise.

32-year-old Norwegian arrested.

7 dead, 9-10 severely injured in the city.

Descriptions of clothing and appearance suggest the same person, who is now arrested after the shooting spree, was observed in both places.

Burgey

Police apparently confirming the death toll on the island is 80. Fmd, that's appalling.

Burgey

RIP to all the people who died :( in this tragic incident. I heard that it was claimed by Al-Qaida, is that true? But the guy they caught was blonde and Norwegian.
Apparently he was a white supremacist, anti-Muslim bloke.

Andy Bolt leading the way here on the Herald Sun web site - blamed Islam before any details confirmed.

WAC he is.

SirBloody Idiot

Apparently he was a white supremacist, anti-Muslim bloke.

Andy Bolt leading the way here on the Herald Sun web site - blamed Islam before any details confirmed.

WAC he is.
Don't like Bolt personally, but ****, everybody was blaming it on al-Qaeda before these details emerged.

Absolutely horrific stuff. Listening to one of the kids shot on ABC 24 is pretty chilling, I've got to say.

shivfan

Banned
Don't like Bolt personally, but ****, everybody was blaming it on al-Qaeda before these details emerged.

Absolutely horrific stuff. Listening to one of the kids shot on ABC 24 is pretty chilling, I've got to say.
Yeah, so many news reports were talking al-Qaeda without looking at the evidence....

The fact that the bomber targeted a govt building in Oslo, and shooting of poor young Labour party supporters on an island retreat should've told these guys that there's something different in this modus operandi.

Spikey

Newsrooms around the world: "**** he's a not muslim...............WELL HE MUST BE A NAZI THEN"

or he could just be insane.

kinda interested to hear how he got from the gov. building to a island on a frickin' boat tbh

Burgey

Newsrooms around the world: "**** he's a not muslim...............WELL HE MUST BE A NAZI THEN"

or he could just be insane.

kinda interested to hear how he got from the gov. building to a island on a frickin' boat tbh
Did you expect him to swim?

flibbertyjibber

Bloody awful, it was bad enough in England last year with the nutter in Cumbria going on a killing spree then the guy a month later in Newcastle but this is horrific.

Agent Nationaux

The really tragic part is that he targeted the youth.

Where was the security because one man killing 80 people is just a complete failure on the part of the police.

PhoenixFire

Literally thought they'd made a mistake on the BBC website when they said 80 people. Felt a little bit sick when I realised it was real.

Absolutely horrifying stuff though, can't even begin to imagine the scale of stuff.

_Ed_

Incredibly shocked to hear it was 80. The last I had heard before that was "as many as 15 to 20". How awful.

cover drive man

91 they're saying now.

The Al Qaeda link seems very unlikely seeing as the arrested man is said to have ties with far right Christian fundamentalism and anti Islam.