• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bladerunner 2049 (Spoilers allowed)

Daemon

I believe theres a lot of people pretending they love this more than they actually do so they can act like they're sophisticated movie buffs with better taste than the rest

"Can't get the score out of my head"

Of course you can't, was drilled into you for 3 goddamn hours.

Gnske

You know, I always thought when listening to the original soundtrack that the only thing that could make it better was if Hans Zimmer tried it and did it wrong.

vcs

I only watch good movies like captain underpants
I suspect we have similar taste in movies. Make your way to the old Bollywood thread where such classics as Jaani Dushman and Enthiran used to get reviewed on here. GI Joe needs to start posting again.

OverratedSanity

I believe theres a lot of people pretending they love this more than they actually do so they can act like they're sophisticated movie buffs with better taste than the rest

"Can't get the score out of my head"

Of course you can't, was drilled into you for 3 goddamn hours.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Blade runner 2049. The story is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the sci fi noir genre most of the narrative will go over a typical viewer's head.

harsh.ag

This thread makes me think I won't like the movie. Don't like genre referencing based things in general. Has to be good on its own, which the first Blade Runner was.

Bahnz

Yeah, went to see it again on Monday. On reflection, the 2nd act really drags, and could've stood to be trimmed down by a good 15 minutes. Once Harrison Ford turns up though it's fantastic.

OverratedSanity

I thought the bits about the replicant resistance could've been removed entirely. I realize why they did it but I felt it added precious little to the movie.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really? It pretty much helps us double down on crushing Goslings hopes and dreams. He isn't even unique in being a replicant that has become independent. They served a great purpose IMO.

OverratedSanity

Really? It pretty much helps us double down on crushing Goslings hopes and dreams. He isn't even unique in being a replicant that has become independent. They served a great purpose IMO.
Eh I thought they could've achieved that without having a scene with a bunch of replicants standing in a circle talking about an 'uprising'. Felt very out of place.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Eh I thought they could've achieved that without having a scene with a bunch of replicants standing in a circle talking about an 'uprising'. Felt very out of place.
It tied up all sorts of plot points. This group is tied to Batista and Harrison Ford. They showed us the awareness of current "rebels" to bladerunners. The *** worker that Joi used also told us before the big reveal that the horse was from her dream, alluding to the big reveal.

If you were trimming anything, it shouldn't be them.

OverratedSanity

It tied up all sorts of plot points. This group is tied to Batista and Harrison Ford. They showed us the awareness of current "rebels" to bladerunners. The *** worker that Joi used also told us before the big reveal that the horse was from her dream, alluding to the big reveal.

If you were trimming anything, it shouldn't be them.
They probably could've made it so all that information was relayed through Deckard himself and mentioned the rebellion but kept it off screen. Maybe it wouldn't have made much sense, so I don't know. Don't think it's a big issue anyway.

For me amyway the biggest problem in the movie was Leto. I'm not sure if I'm just letting my bias get in the way but every movie he's in I just see a ****ing weirdo and not his actual performance.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I’ve always been alright with Leto on screen. I did see him in Requiem for a Dream before I saw him in anything else, and that movie is a fairly massive landmark on my psyche.